r
d
l
a
Kpolizzi02 Kpolizzi02
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
According to the text, which of the following is least likely to occur in a classroom where strong positive peer relationships are present?

a. discussion of academic accomplishments
  b. bullying
  c. positive self-esteem
  d. significant academic progress

Ques. 2

Mrs. Beasley says, I just don't understand why Hongru failed his exam. When we're in class, and I'm talking, he is obviously paying attention, and he nods all the time, as though he's really with' me. But he made a poor grade on the test, and his homework has been incomplete and incorrect. Your response, given what you know about students from some Asian cultures, is to say,

a. In some cultures, nodding doesn't mean I get it,'  it simply means, I'm paying attention.'
  b. Hongru probably is pretending to be interested and attentive so you'll like him.
  c. Maybe he has a learning disability. In fact, maybe he doesn't even know what you're saying, but doesn't want to admit it.
  d. I bet he's just a really poor test taker, and the fact that he doesn't do the homework regularly makes it worse.

Ques. 3

Which of the following behaviors is least associated with the process of active listening?

a. The listener acknowledges the speaker's statement with effective eye contact and appropriate brief verbal responses (nodding, saying, I see).
  b. The listener restates, in his/her own words, what the speaker has said, being particularly careful to express the speaker's feelings and ideas.
  c. The listener avoids making evaluative statements or judgments about the content shared by the speaker.
  d. The listener waits until the speaker is finished speaking and then suggests a solution to the problem or a next step for implementation of the speaker's ideas.

Ques. 4

Glasser asserts that there are three levels at which students can satisfy their need for power of involvement in school. Which of the following is NOT one of the levels identified by Glasser?

a. Students believe they are respected and that they are listened to by school personnel.
  b. School personnel believe that student statements and concerns are typically valid.
  c. Students believe that their teachers will provide them the answers they seek without delving deeply into the potential reasons for the situation.
  d. Student input is not only solicited, but valued and implemented in the classroom environment.

Ques. 5

Miss Taylor has the students in each of her small groups interview each other, asking questions like, What things are you best at? and What role do you like to take when you're working in a group? The students share their answers, and Miss Taylor helps them identify which student in each group will fulfill each of several recurring roles. This group is likely at which stage of group development?

a. inclusion
  b. resolution
  c. dependency
  d. adjournment

Ques. 6

When working in their group, four of Mr. Massey's students begin to argue about which responsibility should be handled by which person, and about whether the work being done is of equivalent difficulty across all group members. At which stage of group development is this set of students most likely functioning?

a. production
  b. control
  c. orientation
  d. norming

Ques. 7

Curwin and Mendler maintained that ________ ________ are one of the most effective means for teachers to take charge of their classrooms and still give students a voice in class decisions.

a. logical consequences

b. empathic understanding

c. social contracts

d. problem solving

Ques. 8

Which of the following qualities is NOT necessary for giving effective, positive feedback?

a. contingency
  b. specificity
  c. credibility
  d. frequency

Ques. 9

The student refuses to complete assignments during class. The teacher requires the student to do the work during breaktime. This is an example of:

a. a teacher being autocratic and showing lack of concern for the
  student's educational well-being.

b. logical consequences.

c. a permissive teacher who allows students too much freedom.

d. a teacher who should have spent more time determining the cause of the misbehavior.

Ques. 10

Concerning rules, Curwin and Mendler proposed that teachers:

a. make up all the rules prior to students arriving in class.

b. explain all rules to students, so they will better understand the reasons for the rules.

c. allow students to make up all the rules, so they will be more likely to obey them.

d. encourage school administrators to assist in making class rules.
Read 460 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
LudeactionzLudeactionz
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free