t
S
m
s
jmountain jmountain
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Mrs. Reed needs for Tyler to stop whispering to her neighbors while she is trying to give directions. In order for her to redirect Tyler, an appropriate response might be

a. This is the last time I am going to tell you to be quiet Tyler
  b. Tyler, turn your chair so you are facing me and listen carefully to these directions.
  c. Tyler, save your stories for later, your friends are trying to listen.
  d. Tyler, you are very rude to interrupt my directions.

Ques. 2

With regard to individual reprimands, private reprimands are generally more effective.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 3

According to Brophy, if minor distractions as described above persist or intensify, the following strategies are helpful

a. Make eye contact so the students know the teacher is watching or ask a question of the offending student that he/she is likely to be able to answer in order to redirect the student
  b. Make a warning by writing the students name on the board, or embarrass the student by asking a question he/she does not know
  c. Give the student a tap on the back or another cue to let him/her know to get back on task
  d. a or c

Ques. 4

Correction is a high intensity intervention, and should thus be used sparingly.

Ques. 5

In the course of a math lesson in Mrs. Demi's class, Mario drums his pencil on the desk, Angie whispers to her neighbor on several occasions and Sayre has a occasionally of ruffling the edges of his book. According to Good and Brophy, the best way for Mrs. Demi to handle these distractions would be to

a. Put the students name on the board
  b. Quietly reprimand the student
  c. Call the students' names out
  d. Ignore them to avoid even greater disruption of the lesson

Ques. 6

Punishment procedures teach as effectively as reinforcement.

Ques. 7

______ refers to the repetitive practice of desired behaviors in an effort to extinguish the undesired behaviors.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Ques. 8

______ ______ is a punishment procedure in which a student loses a specific amount of previously earned stimuli.

Ques. 9

______ is a procedure to replace an inappropriate or challenging behavior by reinforcing an incompatible response and ignoring the inappropriate behavior. (DRI)

Read 41 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
biogenikbiogenik
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free