r
d
l
a
lmo12 lmo12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Mr. Tolosa is a new third grade teacher. He has no experience identifying gifted students, but believes one of his students has exceptional abilities. What common characteristicsmight he observe in a gifted student?

a. Convergent thinker, perceptive of others' feelings, ambitious about projects
  b. Avid reader, advanced vocabulary, completes writing assignments quickly
  c. Advanced sentence structure, divergent thinker, creative, uses analogies
  d. Not very verbal, completes math tasks quickly, carefully follows steps in math procedures

Ques. 2

Alexa screamed to her mother in the grocery store, I want Cheerios. Her mother told her to use her small, indoor voice at the store. Alexa shows that she does not yet understand:

a. expressive vocabulary.
  b. receptive vocabulary.
  c. metalinguistic awareness.
  d. pragmatics of language.

Ques. 3

Mr. Solinski is reviewing his students' permanent files before school starts. He is making notes about their scores on standardized tests, their grade reports, and their portfolio items, and he is paying particular attention to their IQ scores.

What is the value of knowing students' IQ scores and how might Mr. Solinski use the information to benefit students?

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 4

Based on information about genderlects, which of the following statements is most likely made by Calli, a middle school girl, and not one of the boys in her class?

a. We have to beat the other team today and regain our status as the best in the league.
  b. I saw your sister at the ball game, and she seemed to be getting around on her crutches as fast as anyone else.
  c. I think it's unfair for the other groups to get more time to work on their projects.
  d. I have a right to sit in this chair. I got the top score on the test last week.

Ques. 5

________ causes of misbehavior are often difficult to address because students usually have a strong allegiance to family expectations.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Ques. 6

Keeping learners on ________ means correct developmental level, proper instructional pace, physical and psychological safety, appropriate curricular content.

Ques. 7

When educators impose zero-tolerance policies, post strict rules and demand immediate obedience:

a. teachers are seen as strong enforcers of behavior and morality.

b. students are more prone to test the limits and misbehave.

c. both teachers and students work together better, thus increasing academic achievement.

d. teachers are using management practices that are well-grounded in research and theory.

Ques. 8

The causes of violence vary considerably; the most serious violence can be linked to three phenomena: gang presence and activity, hate-motivated behavior, and ________.

Read 368 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
frizzygirlfrizzygirl
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.