r
d
l
a
sun1322 sun1322
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following research designs involves ethnographic research?

a. Measuring the increase in test scores on the state reading test when dyslexic children have additional time to take the test
  b. Collecting data about the inclusion of a child with vision impairment by conducting interviews with a vision impaired child, his parents, his teachers, and his peers
  c. Changing teaching strategies to see whether the new strategy brings about more learning in the math unit about adding fractions
  d. Following a group of Hmong students who attend a public elementary school in Minneapolis to understand their acculturation at school

Ques. 2

Ms. Markham is conducting a study in her classroom. She wants to determine whether students perform better on a concepts test after using a mini-lecture approach or after engaging in a group activity. What type of research is she conducting?

a. Ethnographic
  b. Longitudinal
  c. Microgenetic
  d. Action research

Ques. 3

Dr. Casey studied the effects of a particular after-school tutoring program on the academic achievement of children in extreme poverty in his state from preschool through fifth grade.What type of research is involved in such a study?

a. Ethnographic
  b. Case study
  c. Longitudinal
  d. Action research

Ques. 4

Many studies indicate that teacher-student relationships and the quality of teaching make a difference. Based on findings from such studies, which of the following children is likely to benefit most from good teaching?

a. Jorge is in the first grade and likes math but does not like to participate in reading group, though he's a good reader.
  b. Kellie, in kindergarten, seems to be advanced for her age. She is reading books and working first grade math.
  c. Dwayne is in the first grade and loves school, especially when he gets to work in groups with his friends or at centers with hands-on activities.
  d. Johana is in kindergarten and exhibits behavior problems that include difficulty paying attention and regulating her attention-getting behaviors.

Ques. 5

From the beginning, psychology in the United States was linked to teaching. Among the early psychologists in this country, which leader is respected as the father of the progressive education movement?

a. William James, author of Talks to Teacher about Psychology
  b. G. Stanley Hall, founder of the American Psychological Association
  c. John Dewey, founder of the Laboratory School at the University of Chicago
  d. E. L. Thorndike, founder of the Journal of Educational Psychology

Ques. 6

Experienced teachers often ask several of the following questions as they teach. Which question is most likely to be the metacognitive concern of a beginning teacher?

a. How might I help my students become self-regulated learners?
  b. How well did I handle that disruptive behavior?
  c. What might help my high achievers extend their learning?
  d. What does Student A need in order to learn this skill?

Ques. 7

The purpose of having a clear and measurable objective for performance is to have a means for judging the success of an intervention in comparison to a baseline.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false
Read 104 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
cfnewbcfnewb
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free