O
x
d
s
knbst12 knbst12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Three of the following strategies for addressing students' needs for relatedness are consistent with those that the textbook offers. Which one is not?

a. Privately praise students for their good performance.
  b. Regularly include small-group work in classroom activities.
  c. Reserve 4560 minutes of class time each day for students to converse about nonacademic matters.
  d. Lend a sympathetic ear if students are having a bad day or in some other way are feeling angry or depressed.

Ques. 2

To succeed in adult society, growing children need to acquire some degree of emotion regulation when they encounter disappointing or frustrating circumstances. Three of the following teaching strategies should help promote such regulation.

Which one is not a recommended strategy?

a. Encourage students to watch aggressive sports (e.g., boxing, American football) as an outlet for any aggressive tendencies their frustrations may elicit.
   b. Encourage students to look for one or more unanticipated benefits of their failures.
   c. Teach students strategies that can help them be more successful on future occasions.
   d. Brainstorm with students about ways they might minimize or compensate for the negative repercussions of their failures.

Ques. 3

Three of the following strategies should engage students' interest in class material and foster their intrinsic motivation to learn it. Which one is least likely to do so?

a. Have each student read a different character's lines when the class is reading the play Our Town.
  b. Ask students to imagine what it must have been like to live in medieval England.
  c. Show students a scientific phenomenon that isn't what they'd expect to happen given their existing beliefs about the world.
  d. Tell students that occasional failures are probably due to circumstances beyond their control.

Ques. 4

If you wanted to encourage students to focus on mastery goals more than on performance goals, you would be most likely to:

a. Encourage students to compare their own performance to that of their peers
  b. Assess students' learning in a way that tests genuine understanding of the material
  c. Remind students about how important their grades will be when they apply to college
  d. Explain to students that the curriculum is based on national standards developed by experts in the field

Ques. 5

Eileen is reluctant to go out for the school soccer team. We want to enhance her self-confidence about becoming a successful soccer player. If we consider the role of attributions in motivation, the best thing we can say to Eileen is:

a. Some people are just naturally good soccer players, and I've seen signs that you're probably one of them.
  b. The game of soccer is largely a matter of luck. Some days are good ones and some days are bad. You just never know how things will go.
  c. Skill in soccer is totally a function of how hard you work at the game.
  d. You have some natural athletic ability, and practice will make you even better.

Ques. 6

In which one of the following situations does a teacher's behavior reflect low expectations for a student's classroom performance?

a. Mr. Oya gives Ren positive feedback when she performs well.
  b. Ms. Ingalls rarely interacts with Joseph.
  c. Mr. Montoya asks Mei-Yau thought-provoking questions in class.
  d. Ms. Littlefield assigns Owen a difficult math problem.

Ques. 7

Three of the following teacher statements are likely to enhance students' self-efficacy for mastering mathematics. Which one will not necessarily do so?

a. Look at how easily you can multiply and divide with fractions now. Remember how much trouble you had with fractions last fall? You've come a long way since then
  b. Most of my students last year didn't do well simply because they weren't motivated and didn't want to work hard.
  c. You seem to be having trouble computing the area of a triangle. I think I know what the trouble is. Here, let me show you what you need to do differently.
  d. The right kind of instruction can make all the difference in the world. I'm determined to find out how each of you can best learn mathematical concepts.
Read 265 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
tristankktristankk
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free