r
d
l
a
tyty93 tyty93
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
With respect to developmental differences in metacognition, which of the following statements is most accurate?

a. Young children are not as metacognitive as their older peers, and they are generally unable to learn metacognitive strategies until they become more mature.
  b. Young children are not as metacognitive as their older peers, but with formal instruction and practice, they can be taught metacognitive strategies.
  c. Young children are typically about as metacognitive as their older peers, but they tend to not use the strategies.
  d. Young and older students tend to be similar with respect to metacognition; the primary developmental difference between them is in their working memory capacity.

Ques. 2

Technology, particularly in the form of social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, has had important influences on our social lives and our social connections. Which of the following is the most valid conclusion about this increased social connection?

a. The need for social connection appears to be hard wired into all of us, but the influence of social media on meeting this need is generally negative.
  b. The influence of social media is generally positive, and advanced social development is the most widely found outcome.
  c. The influence of social media is positive at a personal level, such as friends staying connected on Facebook, but it's negative at a broader level, such as the chaos that now exists in the Middle East.
  d. The influence of increased social connection is mixed. It ranges from the positive benefits of staying connected to friends in distant places to the negative outcomes of jealousy and even marital problems.

Ques. 3

Describe four important findings that have resulted from research examining metacognition.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 4

Four students comment after they walk out of one of their college lectures. I didn't get a thing out of it today, Emma comments. I was up half the night, and I couldn't stay awake.
  I moved up to the front of the room, so I could see the screen better, Ryan responds. He's always showing stuff on the document camera, and I've had a hard time seeing the small print in some of his lectures.
  I love this stuff, Mia comments. This is a great class, and he makes it very interesting. I like seeing how European history has influenced our own history.
  Yuk, Lucas retorts. I feel just the opposite. I'm just waiting for this class to be over. He's a good instructor, but I have no interest in European history.
  The student who most nearly demonstrates metacognition is:

a. Emma.
  b. Ryan.
  c. Mia.
  d. Lucas.

Ques. 5

Sophia Jenkins, an American history teacher is working with her students on our country's expansion to the west during the 19th century. Okay, she begins. Yesterday, we talked about two important factors that influenced the migration westward. What were they. . . Mia?
  Of the following, the guideline for applying information processing with students that Sophia is best demonstrating when she asked her students to identify two factors that influence the migration westward is:

a. Conduct reviews to activate schemas and check perceptions.
  b. Begin learning activities with attention-getting experience.
  c. Develop learners' background knowledge with high quality-representations of content.
  d. Model and encourage metacognition.

Ques. 6

You have taught your students the rule for forming singular possessives, which states that an apostrophe s is added to the singular noun. Later, because of their understanding of the rule for forming singular possessives, they become confused about the rules for forming plural possessives and contractions. Of the following, which is the best explanation for the students' difficulties?

a. The inability to retrieve the rule has occurred.
  b. Interference has occurred.
  c. Retrieval failure has occurred.
  d. Encoding failure has occurred.

Ques. 7

Larry learns about operant conditioning on Monday. On Friday his instructor starts to talk about cognitive theories. A pop quiz on the following Monday is on cognitive theories, and Larry's understanding of operant conditioning confuses his understanding of cognitive theories. Larry's problem best illustrates:

a. interference.
  b. a lack of attention.
  c. sensory memory overload.
  d. ineffective rehearsal.
Read 2735 times
19 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
sabihasabiha
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago