t
i
r
r
loverfly loverfly
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In the children's story Bambi, Thumper the rabbit is teaching Bambi about the forest, and Bambi has learned about flowers.
   They then encounter the skunk. Flower, Bambi says, because the skunk somehow reminds him of a flower.
   No, Bambi, Thumper laughs, Skunk.
   Flower Bambi insists.
  The Piagetian concept that most closely relates to Bambi's reaction is:

a. adaptation.
  b. assimilation.
  c. accommodation.
  d. transformation.

Ques. 2

Which of the following concepts undergirds Vygotsky's perspective on learning?

a. Culture and language
  b. Adaptation and accommodation
  c. Assimilation and proximity
  d. Adaptation and equilibrium

Ques. 3

Based on this case study, the teacher probably most effective in promoting language development is:

a. Mrs. Edenfield.
  b. Mrs. Hester.
  c. Mrs. Gonzalez.
  d. Mr. Briggs.

Ques. 4

Mrs. Almagro's third graders are learning a great many new ideas and the terms that go with them, such as living thing, plot, fraction, and community. This important component of language development is best described as:

a. generalization.
  b. syntax.
  c. synapse.
  d. semantics.

Ques. 5

Gary is a fourth grader in school, early in the school year. He has above-average ability according to intelligence tests. One day Mrs. Winton, Gary's teacher gave the class a math test, and Gary did quite poorly on it. Gary was devastated but resolved to try harder on the next test.
   Given the information in the example, what would be the best explanation for Gary's performance on the test, according to Piagetian theory?

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 6

Mom is amused as she listens to Joseph say Dumptuck to every moving vehicle he sees. Joseph's language pattern best illustrates:

a. undergeneralization.
  b. overgeneralization.
  c. reinforcement.
  d. corrective feedback.

Ques. 7

Jonas was employing a strategy for solving problems while doing his homework. He thought as he was solving the first problem, Let's see. The first step is to determine what I already know from the problem. I need to write that down. Next, I will write down what it is I need to know. The statement in quotes best illustrates which of Vygotsky's concepts?

a. Private speech
  b. Internalization
  c. Scaffolding
  d. Enculturation

Ques. 8

The rules of language that we use to put words together into meaningful sentences are best described as:

a. syntax.
  b. semantics.
  c. grammar.
  d. inner speech.
Read 159 times
2 Replies