t
i
r
r
abbiejurado abbiejurado
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following students is probably most efficient in his multitasking?

a. Kobe is listening to his favorite country songs and memorizing the conversation he needs to recite in Spanish class.
  b. Darren is driving to football practice and conversing with his dad about the budget for his birthday party.
  c. Owen is listening to Mozart and reading his literature assignment.
  d. Rashawn is texting his girlfriend and driving to work after school.

Ques. 2

During history class, one of the students rolled a baseball on the floor toward the front of the classroom. Ms. Durango saw the rolling ball as she turned from the front marker board. She saw the direction from which the ball rolled, determined that she needed to identify the disruptive student immediately, and quickly called the name of the only boy sitting on that row. Her identification was not correct. What probably hindered her from solving the problem of identifying the disruptive student?

a. Representativeness heuristic
  b. Functional fixedness
  c. Response set
  d. Analysis paralysis

Ques. 3

The general problem solving steps begin with identifying the problem and then setting goals. Gillian has identified the problem and set goals. What else does she need to do to follow a general problem solving method?

a. Determine the current situation and create a path to reach her goals
  b. Divide the goals into subgoals and analyze possible solutions
  c. Explore solutions and consequences, take action, and evaluate the outcome
  d. Use domain-specific strategies to analyze possible solutions and remove barriers

Ques. 4

Which of the following tasks is appropriate for practicing complex learning strategies?

a. Compare the settings and characters of the two stories.
  b. Recall the day and year of these main events in history.
  c. List the names of the states and capitals in this region of the country.
  d. Tell what the author said about the main character's motives.

Ques. 5

Polina is a Russian immigrant. She has no problems talking to her friendsin English, but she struggles to understand concepts in content areas when they are presented in English. This indicates that Polina is proficient in:

a. inside-out skills and processes.
  b. code-switching skills.
  c. academic language skills.
  d. contextualized language skills.

Ques. 6

Ken is reading his notes from science class. He wants to organize information the teacher presented about erosionthe causes, the effects, and relationships between weather conditions and erosion. He needs an effective learning strategy. Which of the following tools seems most likely to help Ken meet his goal?

a. Venn diagram
  b. Concept map
  c. Flashcards
  d. Cornell notes

Ques. 7

Enika is doing her homework for her middle school classes. In which assignment is she using procedural knowledge?

a. In my literature assignment, I need to read the next two chapters in the fiction book we're studying and then answer the questions.
  b. For algebra, I have already worked the even-numbered problems and attempted the brainteaser for extra credit.
  c. In my summary of the science reading, I have written my topic sentence, the big ideas, and the main supporting information for each big idea.
  d. For band, I need to play the new piece four times to get credit for practicing and earn a star on the chart.
Read 487 times
8 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
dontedstrongdontedstrong
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free