t
S
m
s
knbst12 knbst12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Students need to know that their teacher genuinely understands their comments, concerns, and behaviors. This is what Gordon calls ________.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Ques. 2

William Glasser at first based most of his writings on ________ psychoanalytic theory, but he later switched to a more behavioral approach that focused on helping people look to present conditions to find solutions to problems.

Ques. 3

Redl and Wattenberg explained ________ dynamics or group life in the classroom has particular relevance to today's educators, who need to understand that individual behavior affects group behavior and vice versa.

Ques. 4

Although constant reinforcement might be necessary to establish a behavior, ________ reinforcement can be used to maintain a desired behavior once it is established.

Ques. 5

Prevention and ________ efforts for bullying and school violence can take many forms, including instilling a positive school culture, using new technologies, imposing zero-tolerance policies, providing staff development, profiling students to identify possible offenders, and developing written intervention plans.

Ques. 6

Regarding four-letter words, Ginott maintained:

a. ask the child to write 100 times I must not use four letter words.

b. ask the child to repeat the word to make sure that is what she or he said.

c. ignore the word  do not address the saying of the word.

d. put her or his name on the board and call the parents.

Ques. 7

What does Gordon mean by I-messages?

a. That I am (the teacher) the most important person in the classroom because I have to make critical decisions.

b. The teacher should say I rather than You, e.g., instead of saying, You dropped your books again the teacher should say, I am annoyed when someone drops her or his books.

c. I messages are actually nonverbal messages, e.g., when the teacher gives a misbehaving student the look.

d. Gordon did not deal with I-messages because he did not perceive this as an important topic.

Ques. 8

Gordon believes teachers need to insist upon students engaging in ________ rather than yelling, screaming, and punishing students to no avail.

a. active listening

b. situational assistance

c. learning inventories

d. self-discipline

Ques. 9

William Glasser's Choice Theory is based upon the belief that:

a. students have a choice, so if they misbehave, they must face the consequences of punishment.

b. the only person whose behavior we can control is our own.

c. situational assistance does not always work, and therefore, more serious consequences are warranted.

d. most students do not have the maturity to behave appropriately.
Read 64 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
trustheprocesstrustheprocess
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free