l
a
s
chialyncampbell chialyncampbell
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Classroom procedures for student talk and movement

a. should be identified mainly by students.
  b. are necessary in both middle and high school classes.
  c. should be described only after the teacher has met his/her classes several times.
  d. should be the same in commonly used activities such as seatwork, whole class, and group work

Ques. 2

The rule, Respect and be polite to all people, is

a. obvious and unnecessary in most secondary schools.
  b. an appropriate rule for secondary school students.
  c. too general to be included in a list of classroom rules.
  d. clear in identifying both acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

Ques. 3

A classroom rule works best when:

a. the first infraction is ignored.
  b. its enforcement is varied to fit the needs of different students and activities.
  c. students are informed of the consequences of breaking it.
  d. all of the above

Ques. 4

Miss Tipton comes to your room and says, Eureka I've figured out how to manage my classroomI have the perfect incentive to get kids to follow the rules. You know that kids these days have cell phoneswell, I decided to use that in my own favor. Even though our principal has said kids' phones have to be in their lockers during the school day, I figured out that if I tell the students that they can use their phones once their work is completed and checked, they will work really hard to get the privilege So now our rule is, Text or play games on your phone only when your work has been completed and checked by your teacher.' It's brilliant, I tell you As canny classroom manager yourself, you think

a. What a great idea I'm going to do that, too..
  b. This isn't an effective practice, because it relies on extrinsic motivation for students to get their work done..
  c. No class rule should ever supersede a school rule; I hope the principal doesn't hear about this..
  d. This isn't a rule; it's a procedure..

Ques. 5

When a student is absent, Miss Sparks puts all missed work into a folder labeled Absentee Work.. Her students know that, when they return from an absence, they can look in that folder, where they will find all missed work, along with a note telling them what is to be turned in when. Miss Sparks has implemented a

a. rule.
  b. goal.
  c. problem-solving task.
  d. procedure.

Ques. 6

Which of the following statements is most consistent with the text's recommendations regarding rules?

a. Rules should explicitly list student behaviors that are either desired or prohibited.
  b. Rules communicate negative expectations to students and should be presented only after a class has behaved irresponsibly.
  c. Teachers should use them in middle school grades, but should avoid explicit classroom rules in high school classes.
  d. Teachers should post or list general rules and discuss specific expectations for behavior.

Ques. 7

If many students in your classroom consistently finish their work early, you should

a. double-check the correctness and quality of their work.
  b. review the amount of time allocated for each assignment and lessen it if appropriate.
  c. evaluate the assignments to make sure that they are of appropriate difficulty.
  d. have options for what they are to do until others are finished.
  e. all of the above
   f. a and d only

Ques. 8

School rules and procedures must be incorporated into your classroom management system. Typical school policies cover which of the following areas?

a. behaviors that are specifically forbidden
  b. behaviors that are required
  c. administrative procedures that must be handled during class time
  d. a and b only
  e. a, b, and c
Read 234 times
2 Replies