r
d
l
a
dr_lawlz dr_lawlz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Mrs. Alley is having a discussion about a selection the students were supposed to read for homework last night. She says, Dennis, what is the theme of the story? Her question is

a. effective because it is open-ended.
  b. effective, because it reinforces content-related vocabulary.
  c. ineffective, because other class members may tune out since they know Dennis is in the hot seat.
  d. ineffective, because she doesn't yet know if the students read their homework.

Ques. 2

Teachers should avoid using seatwork as a time to introduce new content.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 3

The best questions during a discussion are the ones that the teacher thinks up on the spur of the moment.

Ques. 4

Telling the students your lesson objectives is helpful.

Ques. 5

The teacher's role in class discussion is to evaluate the correctness of student contributions.

Ques. 6

During the first week of classes, the teacher should plan lessons that

a. use mainly a whole-class format.
  b. allow students spend most of their time working in small groups.
  c. contain a variety of instructional groupings and complex procedures.
  d. permit students freedom of movement and opportunities for social interaction.

Ques. 7

On the first day of school, Mr. Haddad told his 9th grade classes, You are in high school and old enough to know right from wrong. As long as you behave, we can have a lot of fun in this class. I plan to allow many opportunities for interaction and games. I don't have a list of rules, but I do expect that you will behave yourselves. If you have any questions about how to behave, just raise your hands now and I'll answer questions. (Pauses for awhile.) OK, let's get started looking at our course. I will hand out my course description and go over my grading criteria and course requirements.. A potential difficulty with Mr. Haddad's beginning is that

a. he has no expectations for student behavior or class procedures
  b. he should not question students on the first day.
  c. appropriate behavior in important areas may not be adequately understood by the students.
  d. b and c only.
  e. a, b, and c are all correct.

Ques. 8

Mr. Brunson begins his Algebra class each day by greeting the students as they enter the room, giving them a problem to work on while he takes roll, going over homework, and then introducing new concepts/skills. Mr. Brunson's sequence is

a. effective, because it helps students make the transition into his classroom in an orderly manner.
   b. effective, because he does not have to do extensive lesson planning, which can be time consuming.
   c. ineffective, because the repetitive nature of activities will lead to student boredom.
  d. ineffective, because it does not allow for Mr. Brunson's instruction to be engaging and motivating to students.
Read 44 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
woodstock24woodstock24
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free