l
t
S
m
s
Johnwayne Johnwayne
wrote...
6 years ago
In which one of the following situations does a teacher's behavior reflect low expectations for a student's classroom performance?

a. Mr. Oya gives Ren positive feedback when she performs well.
  b. Ms. Ingalls rarely interacts with Joseph.
  c. Mr. Montoya asks Mei-Yau thought-provoking questions in class.
  d. Ms. Littlefield assigns Owen a difficult math problem.

Ques. 2

Three of the following teacher statements are likely to enhance students' self-efficacy for mastering mathematics. Which one will not necessarily do so?

a. Look at how easily you can multiply and divide with fractions now. Remember how much trouble you had with fractions last fall? You've come a long way since then
  b. Most of my students last year didn't do well simply because they weren't motivated and didn't want to work hard.
  c. You seem to be having trouble computing the area of a triangle. I think I know what the trouble is. Here, let me show you what you need to do differently.
  d. The right kind of instruction can make all the difference in the world. I'm determined to find out how each of you can best learn mathematical concepts.

Ques. 3

When George attends the first day of an Advanced Placement class in biology, he thinks to himself, This is going to be a really hard class. I don't know if I have what it takes to understand and remember all this stuff.

George's misgivings can best be described as:

a. An external attribution
   b. An illusion of knowing
   c. Low self-efficacy for learning
   d. Low collective self-efficacy

Ques. 4

Mr. Maleska has what the textbook calls productive expectations for his students' classroom performance. With this in mind, which of the following would we not expect him to do?

a. Believe that his teaching strategies make a difference in student achievement
  b. Look for strengths in all students
  c. Consider several explanations for students' low grades
  d. Give students more help than they really need to complete tasks successfully

Ques. 5

The four teachers below are hoping to improve their students' self-efficacy. Which one will probably be least effective in doing so?

a. Mr. Anderson helps his students be successful at math word problems.
  b. Ms. Berry tells her students how wonderful they are.
  c. Mr. Carrera helps his students improve their creative writing skills.
  d. Ms. D'Amato helps her students throw a softball farther.

Ques. 6

Which one of the following would be the best thing to do if you wanted to help students internalize values that would help them achieve success over the long run?

a. Give frequent pop quizzes as a way of encouraging them to study every night.
  b. Conduct history trivia competitions using a television game-show format.
  c. Assign reading materials that have been written for professionals in such disciplines as biology and archaeology.
  d. Help them understand why certain skills are important to their long-term goals.

Ques. 7

If you wanted to minimize the extent to which extrinsic reinforcers undermine students' sense of autonomy and intrinsic motivation, you would be most likely to:

a. Use concrete reinforcers rather than social reinforcers
  b. Use social reinforcers rather than concrete reinforcers
  c. Give extrinsic reinforcers primarily when students do something exceptionally well
  d. Use extrinsic reinforcers as a way of reminding students what they should be doing at all times
Textbook 
Essentials of Educational Psychology: Big Ideas To Guide Effective Teaching

Essentials of Educational Psychology: Big Ideas To Guide Effective Teaching

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 498 times
6 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bik_e23bik_e23
wrote...
Rep: 2 0