t
S
m
s
Groanier Groanier
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following statements shows that an OEC Technician has a good understanding of dealing with a patient who is having a behavioral emergency?

a. Try to assess patients from a safe distance until they start to answer your questions calmly.
  b. I avoid making eye contact because patients may perceive eye contact as a threatening gesture and respond with violence.
  c. Touch conveys concern for a patient, so I try to touch the patient's shoulder or arm as soon as I arrive at the scene.
  d.  If a patient raises his voice to you, you must raise your voice in return. Research has shown that this helps deter violence.

Question 2

Which of the following patients is exhibiting signs of psychosis?

a. An 18-year-old who is so anxious about peer pressure that he is unable to go to school
  b. A recently divorced 35-year-old who sleeps most of the day and is losing weight
  c. A 72-year-old who was recently diagnosed with dementia
  d. A 37-year-old who is having hallucinations

Question 3

Your OEC class asks you to describe the term behavior. Which of the following statements would be the correct response?

a. What is acceptable behavior in one community may not be acceptable in another.
  b. Behavior pertains to how you perform a physical activity only.
  c. Meditation is the absence of behavior.
  d. Yelling is never an acceptable behavior.
Read 22 times
1 Reply