r
d
l
a
endraxz endraxz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
You are assessing a 2-week-old baby who is sick. Assessment reveals that he has a fever and difficulty breathing. Which of the following additional assessment findings would be most concerning to you given the age of this patient?

a. A respiratory rate of 30 breaths per minute
  b. A wet diaper in need of changing
  c. Continual crying
  d. Nasal passages that are occluded by mucus

Question 2

An OEC Technician asks you why you should not overextend the airway when performing a head tilt-chin lift maneuver on a pediatric patient. Which of the following replies would you make?

a. The pediatric cervical spine is delicate and can be injured if the neck is hyperextended.
  b. The tongue of a pediatric patient is proportionally larger and blocks the airway when the neck is hyperextended.
  c. The cartilage of the trachea is very soft and can compress if the neck is extended too far.
  d. The esophagus in a pediatric patient is very thick and will occlude the airway if the neck is hyperextended.

Question 3

You must assess the pupils of a 5-year-old boy who fell. Which of the following statements would be most appropriate for you to make before performing the assessment?

a. I am going to look into your pupils with my light.
  b. I am going to use this light to look into your eyes.
  c. I need to test your visual acuity by shining a light in your eyes.
  d. Open your eyes so that I can look into them.
Read 40 times
1 Reply