i
r
r
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
#1Select one:
a. Non-allelic genes do not affect each other if they are located on separate chromosomes.
b. A large Punnett square can be used to predict the outcome of a parental cross involving two traits.
c. The dominant allele is represented with an uppercase letter and the recessive allele is represented with a lowercase letter.
d. Sometimes all alleles lack dominance, which leads to a blending of traits.
#4. How many possible allele combinations can be formed in the gametes produced from parents with the genotypes RRww and RrWW, respectively?Select one:a. 2 and 2.b. 2 and 1.c. 1 and 1.d. 1 and 2.

#5.What are the possible allele combinations that could be formed in the gametes produced from a parent with the genotype RrWw?Select one:a). RW and rw. b). RW, RW, rw, and rw. c). RW, Rw, and rw. d). RW, Rw, rW, and rw.

#6.In garden pea plants, tall stem height (T) is dominant over short stem height (t), and round seed shape (R) is dominant over wrinkled seed shape (r).A tall, wrinkled seed plant (Ttrr) is crossed with a tall, round seed plant (TtRR). Which row identifies the gametes produced by these plants?Select one:a.Tall wrinkled Tr and tr Tall round TR and tR. b). Tall wrinkled TR , Tr tR and tr. Tall round TR and tr c). Tall wrinkledTr and tR tall round Tr and tr. d). Tall wrinkled Tr and tr. Tall round TR,Tr,tR and tr.

#7. Use the following information to answer the next four questions.

In guinea pigs, a black coat (B) is dominant over a white coat (b), and straight hair (S) is dominant over curly hair (s). A heterozygous, black, and straight hair guinea pig (BbSs) was test crossed. What is the phenotypic ratio of the offspring produced from the test cross? Use 0 for phenotypes not produced in the above cross. Number:
Phenotype: Black straight, Black curly, White straight, White curly.
#8. Which of the following rows identifies pure breeding guinea pigs for both hair colour and hair type?
a).Genotype 1(bbSs) Genotype 2(BbSS). b). Genotype 1(BbSS) Genotype 2(BBSs). c). Genotype 1(BBSS) genotype 2(BbSs). d). Genotype 1( bbSS) genotype 2(BBss).
#9. Which of the following genotypes would produce a population in which 50% of the offspring would have a black coat and all of the offspring would have curly hair?Select one:a). Bbss and bbss.b). Bbss and BbSs.c). bbSS and bbSs.d). BBSS and bbss.
#10.A guinea pig heterozygous for both traits mated with a homozygous recessive guinea pig. What is the probability of having offspring with at least one dominant trait?Select one:a). 0.50.b). 0.00.c). 0.75).d). 0.25.e). 1.0
Hi there, I understand that i asked a lot of questions. I am sorry, but i am stuck on all of these questions. Here is what i think is the answer for #1. d, #4. a #5.c #6. b. #71,2,2,1 #8. c #9.a #10a.
Read 172 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 710 words.