t
i
r
r
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
5 years ago
#18. Hypophosphatemia is an X-linked dominant disorder that causes a type of rickets. Which statement about people with this disorder is likely true?
a). affected males produce all affected daughters and no affected sons
b). affected heterozygous females transmit the trait to their sons
c).affected heterozygous females transmit the trait to all of their daughters
d). affected males produce all affected sons and no afffected daughters.

#19. The colour of eyes in fruit flies is determined by a gene on the X chromosome with two alleles. X^R=red eyes ; X^r= white eyes.
corss a red-eye male with a red-eyed female. Show the genotypes and phenotypes, with their ratios, including the sex of the parents and offspring.
Please help me with these 2 as i am kind of confused with my answer
Read 129 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man
Hi Aliya,

Try conducting a search before posting, you'll lose credits!

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=151522.0

Also, if it's still not making sense, reply back
Aliya1 Author
wrote...
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, Aliya1
hi bio_man, ohh okay i will do that. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great day Slight Smile
Post Merge: 5 years ago

Hi again, i got the answer for question 18 as A and 19 i have the genotypes of the male and female which is XRY for the male fruit fly and for the female i have XrXr
i did the punnett sqaure like this
          X^R            Y
     X^r X^Rx^r     x^rY

and then it says to find the phenotyic ratio would it not be 1:1 based on the punnett sqaure? like 1 red eyes - males and 1 white eyes- female? i am not sure about the sex of the parents or offspring.

This is the question : cross a red-eyed male fruit fly with a white eyed female. Show the genotypes which i did above and phenotypes with their ratio's so like i did 1:1 based on the punnett sqaure and then it says including the sex of parents and offspring. So i am not sure if i already answered the sex of the parents and the offspring already. If i did not then i am not sure how to answer this part of the question. This question is out of 5 marks total please bio_man can you help me out here? thank you so much Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1158 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586