t
S
m
s
asdfghjkl6 asdfghjkl6
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Any one have any pointers for the national ASC Organic chemistry test?  need to score a 36/70 on it to get an A
Read 7245 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
Crack open the book and answer every question you can. If you don't know it, review it.  That's a sure way of acing ASC test.
wrote...
8 years ago
I had to take the ACS as my final. There was a book that I bought ans was planning on using but never did. At the end of the semester of Ochem II, I couldn't remember stuff from the first or second test never mind the Ochem I. I basically didn't study...just reviewed and relied on my high test grades to pick any slack from the final. I don't know how I did on it, but I ended up with an A for the course. If you've been getting As all semester long then you shouldn't worry as the professor will probably curve the final (ACS is no joke).

http://www.amazon.com/Preparing-your-examination-organic-chemistry/dp/0970804210
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
I took the ACS this past Wednesday. I didn't do too well but make sure you know as many reactions as possible including the mechanisms. There weren't as many stereochemistry question like i thought there were and there were only three questions on spectroscopy. Otherwise the bulk is knowing electrophilic addition reactions and all the other reactions in ACS study guide. God Bless Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
wrote...
8 years ago
I did not find the ACS standardized exam nearly as hard as the longer free-response final that my professor gave our class. Generally at least half of the responses to a given question are absurd or clearly wrong, so then you just have to reason through the plausible ones. I believe you can have your model kit (ask your professor though) but I don't remember it really being much help. The only thing I'd say you should "memorize" is the relative electrophilicity and nuclephiilicity of various groups, but even that should be more based on understanding the underlying theory than raw memorization. I am not used to taking multiple choice exams as they aren't very common at my school, so I found the ACS review guide very helpful. If you can nail 90% of the questions in there you'll do fine on the test.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  996 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion