t
i
r
r
ccutiee97sience ccutiee97sience
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago
1. A corn plant homozygous in both yellow seed colour and smooth coat is pollinated with a purple and wrinkled corn plant. Make the P1 = ? X ?

2. Complete a Punnett Square of the parental cross. Record genotype(s) and phenotype(s). Record the genotype and phenotype ratios.

3. The genotype YySs represents the offspring or the F1 generation. Complete a Punnett square for a F1 cross. Record genotypes and phenotypes. Record the phenotype ratio.

4. Calculate the expected probability of the four possible phenotypes. (Example: the probability of getting a yellow and smooth seed is 9 divided by 16, 9/16.)
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 197 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
1. A corn plant homozygous in both yellow seed colour and smooth coat is pollinated with a purple and wrinkled corn plant. Make the P1 = ? X ?

Let's use Y and y for color, and S and s for smoothness.

We're told:

A corn plant homozygous in both yellow seed colour and smooth coat: YY
And it's homozygous smooth: SS

So, YYSS.

It's crossed to a purple and wrinkled plant: yyss.

The p1 cross will be:

[see the first attachment]

As you can see, all of them will be heterozygous: YySs (genotype), which is Yellow and Smooth (phenotype).

For the F1 cross, we take two offsprings, so YySs x YySs.

[see attachment # 2]

All the red blocks represent: Yellow and smooth, that's 9 out of 16! See if you can figure out the others.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about what I wrote here, msg back. Otherwise, start a new topic for another question.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Shoot, I forgot to attach the first punnett square!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  879 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293