t
S
m
s
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
5 years ago
#32.The Old Order Amish is a relatively small population of individuals found in the United States in Pennsylvania and Ohio. They are a very isolated population due to their strong religious beliefs and lifestyle that have continued for more than 200 years. They mostly select mates from within their own population, which has had significant effects on their gene pool.

The effects on their gene pool is a result of

Select one:
a. non-random mating
b. mutation
c. founder effect
d. bottleneck effect

#33.Bison roamed free in an area along the eastern slopes of the Rockies, in what is now Banff National Park, for thousands of years before being wiped out by hunting in the mid-1800s.
Bison

Elk Island National Park, located 35 km east of Edmonton has been an important refuge for bison, amongst many other species of animals.

In January 2017, 16 bison, which were raised in Elk Island National Park, were moved to Banff National Park. They were contained in a paddock initially, but then the animals were released into a partially fenced area, about 425 km2 in size, in the backcountry. There is hope the animals will eventually be free roaming.

Among this population of bison, rapid random changes in their gene pool frequencies may occur due to
Select one:
a. bottleneck effect
b. increased mutation rate
c. founder effect
d. non-random mating
Read 868 times
11 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 330 words.