a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
5 years ago
Referring to following video, I would like to know on how do mirror work in atom levels.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 242 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
A high level description.

In the case of reflection at a metallic interface the electric field of the photon forces the electrons in the metal to oscillate. The oscillation means that the electrons are being forced at the same frequency as the photons. Thus as the electrons in the metal oscillate they begin to emit light in response. The frequency, polarization and phase of the emission causes interference. On a macroscopic level it looks identical to a photon bouncing off the metal surface.

I'm not sure of the details, I found this online, but it corresponds to what the woman mentions in your video link

Hope this helps you!
oemBiology Author
wrote...
5 years ago
A high level description.
On a macroscopic level it looks identical to a photon bouncing off the metal surface.

Photon would not bouncing off the metal in atomic levels, I would like to know on whether the Bohr model can explain this process or not.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
I don't think so because a single atom could not reflect light after absorbing the photons energy
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1111 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?