b
x
a
l
t
S
m
s
Poll: What type of music do you study to?
Classical
6 (12.8%)
Country
9 (19.1%)
Rock
5 (10.6%)
Rap / Hip-hop
8 (17%)
Electronic / Pop
8 (17%)
Other
5 (10.6%)
I don't listen to music while studying
6 (12.8%)
Total Voters: 47  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
When I was in college, I always worked more efficiently listening to dance music while doing my math homework. However, when it came to writing essays, I preferred complete silence. More many of us, music that is soothing and relaxing helps us beat stress or anxiety while studying. Background music may improve focus on a task by providing motivation and improving mood. In fact, during long study sessions, music can aid endurance.

Comment below to tell us your music strategy when it comes to studying. What type of music fits best with which field of study?
Read 5685 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
5 years ago
I listen to classical music all the time when I study; I believe it really helps. I believe lyrics are your enemy, they will distract you. If you can tolerate opera, that might be OK, but if you can understand the lyrics, they will take away your focus.

Mozart is supposedly the best for the brain. I would pick any Mozart symphony. Actually, any symphony by any composer would be just fine. They are relatively nondescript in their sound, so they should just accompany your studying, not distract you.
wrote...
5 years ago
Want to support the previous comment. I haven`t found something more useful than classical music during the studying. Every time when I need to write a paper or make a presentation, I go to YouTube and start to listen to classical music. 15 minutes of Bach or Horner is totally enough for the full refreshing and concentrating on work. It is a moment when I feel a great inspiration together with the readiness to create something really unique. Classical music is a personal space for my imagination. I never know where it will lead me and what will be the final outcome of my project.

Apart from classical music I used to listen to different sounds of nature online, especially the rain. It helps me to concentrate on solving the tasks and add more motivation to complete the issues. Highly recommend everyone to check.
Biology Batman  Slight Smile
Jedi Thinker  Grinning Face

Useful tips for improving academic writing on different topics
wrote...
5 years ago
Listening to music is equivalent to talking into my ear while writing a test
wrote...
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man
jazz music helps me best when I learn, although I always thought that only classical music helps to focus. But jazz music just works wonders.
I am still not a famous writer, but I really hope to become one, at least in a couple of decades. I have a wife and two dogs, corgi.
wrote...
5 years ago
most people will choose their own music preference
wrote...
3 years ago
I can't listen to music when I am studying, no matter the type as I just get distracted. However, I focus really well in noisy places like coffee shops but when I am studying alone, I need complete silence.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1092 People Browsing
Related Images