s
r
d
l
Ahmed620 Ahmed620
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago
Hi, guys! I and  my friend study at  Abu Dhabi University. We have a small business idea of making a mobile app. Maybe someone among you have an experience of creating applications or know someone how can give an advice?
Read 648 times
12 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
What's the purpose of the application?
wrote...
5 years ago
What type of apps do you mean? Do you need a developer?
Ahmed620 Author
wrote...
5 years ago
The application is uber-like. I’m not really sure about a developer. We’d better want a team to develop the idea from the beginning till the end.
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
You could try Upwork.com, I've used them before, but from experience it's going to cost you at least 1000 dollars just to get started, especially if it's Uber-like. If you say you're in university, why not spend a few months learning how to code so you could make one on your own. It'll help you in the long run fix problems without having to run to your developer every time a problems arises. At least have an idea about the app before talking to these highly demanded developers. Keep in mind that developers also make a lot of money, so before talking to one, at least have the idea well-planned since it'll end up saving you more and prevent confusion.

Mind sharing what it's about?

Welcome to the community by the way...

wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
5 years ago
If you are an independent app developer or publisher, you have probably known this for a while, because you have found it very difficult to get people to download your app — the average American smartphone user downloads zero apps per month.

But now even the very biggest app publishers are seeing their growth slow down or stop altogether. Most people have all the apps they want and/or need. They're not looking for new ones.

Would benefit you to read this Face with Cold Sweat

https://www.recode.net/2016/6/8/11883518/app-boom-over-snapchat-uber
wrote...
5 years ago
The application is uber-like. I’m not really sure about a developer. We’d better want a team to develop the idea from the beginning till the end.
a friend of mine is just working with the guys from Dudai
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Good luck with it! Feel free to advertise it here once you're done
wrote...
5 years ago
You could try Upwork.com, I've used them before, but from experience it's going to cost you at least 1000 dollars just to get started, especially if it's Uber-like. If you say you're in university, why not spend a few months learning how to code so you could make one on your own. It'll help you in the long run fix problems without having to run to your developer every time a problems arises. At least have an idea about the app before talking to these highly demanded developers. Keep in mind that developers also make a lot of money, so before talking to one, at least have the idea well-planned since it'll end up saving you more and prevent confusion.

Mind sharing what it's about?

Welcome to the community by the way...

yes, it's expensive to contact the developer, but are you sure that it will not cost you more to spend your time and finances to learn how to program at the appropriate level?
wrote...
5 years ago

Maybe it’s better for you to look for a freelancer ? It could be cheaper
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man

Good, reliable freelancers are hard to find because most of them are already working for 6 figure paychecks at reputable companies. Most of the ones you'll hire are talented in one or two coding languages, but to build an app you need someone who can design it correctly to make it look pretty, not just function correctly. You're better off hiring a team of app developers, but this will cost a lot of cash and you might not even make a profit given how hard it is to get someone to download your app in the first place.

Mind explaining what you want developed?
Ahmed620 Author
wrote...
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, Ahmed620

Good, reliable freelancers are hard to find because most of them are already working for 6 figure paychecks at reputable companies. Most of the ones you'll hire are talented in one or two coding languages, but to build an app you need someone who can design it correctly to make it look pretty, not just function correctly. You're better off hiring a team of app developers, but this will cost a lot of cash and you might not even make a profit given how hard it is to get someone to download your app in the first place.

An app that shows healthy food options nearby, order with 1-click, and delivers within 20 minutes.

upwork.com is about freelancers. If hiring a team I've heard about  goodfirms. is it good ?
Post Merge: 5 years ago

How's these guys? are there any other positive reviews?
wrote...
5 years ago

An app that shows healthy food options nearby, order with 1-click, and delivers within 20 minutes.

upwork.com is about freelancers. If hiring a team I've heard about  goodfirms. is it good ?

How's these guys? are there any other positive reviews?

Yes, this guys is celadon. Celadon.ae is their site. You can find contacts there. there are also a few testimonials on the site, but you can find more reviews just google it.

It could be cheaper but if you want good service and need to work out a serious project to hire company would be better decision
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  932 People Browsing
 173 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204