r
d
l
a
dburgis dburgis
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago
Choose a specific product that you use daily (food, personal hygiene products, car, etc.) and apply the 5W model from this week’s readings.

Explain your demographics and psychographics.
How do you utilize the product?
Where do you purchase the product? Why?
When and how often do you purchase the item?
Why and how do you select the products?
Why do you not purchase competing products?
How are you the same and different from other consumers?
Do you think this product should be marketed differently?
Post a link to your product.
Read 202 times
2 Replies
Replies
wrote...
5 years ago
In marketing there are no fixed rules that are workable for customers, products or situations.
 Marketing strategy of any company is an essential part of its success as successful marketing strategy would lead to positive outcomes for the company boosting the sales, developing large customer base and bringing competitive advantage. However, developing and implementing an effective marketing strategy becomes a crucial task for the marketers as market is changing continuously that is bringing change in the demands and preferences of the people (Ferrell & Hartline, 2014).  Marketers hold the risk of failure for a well-executed marketing strategy because there are only few rules that provide a direction to do marketing in changing situations. Considering people and their demands could reduce the risk of failure for the marketers as strategy is developed for them and giving importance to their choices could enhance the effectiveness of the strategy. The company is likely to benefit if it takes into account the desires and urges that affect the purchasing decision of the customer. A great strategy with poor implementation won't help the business achieve its goals, because it won't take the proper steps to achieve the strategy (Grunert, 2015).
Now-a-days my favourite product is iPhone 6s, a product of Apple, the leading mobile company of today’s times.

Who are you?

I am Sadiqa Boura, a female of middle income group of the society. Presently, I am attending my medical school along with taking online MBA classes.  

What do you do with the product?

As mentioned above I am taking online courses so for this purpose I needed a device that is with me all the time with fast speed and high storage. Apart from enhancing the communication, this phone is really helping me to have my data at one place and is carried everywhere with me.

Where do you purchase the product? Why?

The purchase of this product was made from the Apple Store. I had the option of purchasing it online upon which I preferred the choice of Apple Store as they allowed me to use the product first and then make the decision.

When did you purchase the product? Why?

I have made the purchase one month before when I faced the problem of data storage. My last phone got slow and was also short of memory that made me to switch to a phone that has high storage and processing speed.

Why and how do you select the product?

One of my friends went for this phone and his feedback was quite convincing to go for this phone. It was a positive word of mouth from many other users as well who were using the brand since long and were confident on the reliability of the phone. The price was relatively higher but my problem was getting serious to consider the price of the product that was a solution to the problem.        

Why do you not purchase competing products?

The choice of this product was made in comparison with S6 Edge, a product of Samsung. The reason of proffering this product was that it was offering 128GB internal memory and high processing speed that any other mobile lacked.

If I have to develop a marketing strategy for this product, I would select upper working class as the target audience who are dealing with work on daily basis and need a phone that is easy to handle, light in weight and possess nearly all the features of a computer. The demands of this class match the availed features of the phone.  The price decreases with memory so those who have affordability issues can go for other choices of the same brand. The design is also attractive and decent to be carried by both male and female.

References

Ferrell, O. C. & Hartline, M. (2014). Marketing strategy: Text and cases. Mason, Ohio: South-Western
Grunert, J. (2015). Why Are Implementation, Evaluation & Control of the Marketing Plan Necessary? Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/implementation-evaluation-control-marketing-plan-necessary-75170.html
 Attached file 
(17.92 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Answer accepted by topic starter
homework1homework1
wrote...
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
(15.78 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.