t
S
m
s
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
5 years ago
For each scenario below, identify the principle from Chapter 12 that most closely reflects the descriptions.

1.   Monica is telling her brother Ross and extroversion must be something that is genetic, since there are so many extroverts in their family.  Ross warns her that she needs to consider the statistical estimate that explains genetic differences of personality traits.  Ross is asking Monica to consider the

2.   When Franklin takes a bath, he squeals with delight, splashes in the water, and eagerly reaches for new toys.  He has a very predictable schedule of eating and sleeping. Franny, on the other hand, fusses all the time, cries very loudly whenever she encounters a new situation, person, or toy, and does not have a set schedule. As described here, Franklin and Franny have different
=   temperament

3.   An industrial-organizational psychologist doing cross-cultural work finds that in Country Alam, the workers have the highest job satisfaction when they are rewarded for accomplishing more and better-quality work than their co-workers. Country Alam probably represents what type of culture?
=   individualist culture

4.   Jansen has a new baby brother whom he dislikes for taking away her parents’ attention. These feelings about his brother are very upsetting to Jansen, so he may push the negative feelings into his unconscious.  Jansen is demonstrating what to resolve his anxiety and keep those negative thoughts from his consciousness?

5.   In class, you may complete a test that will indicate the strength of your personality traits (i.e., the Big Five).  The test consists of a number of statements to which you decide the strength. When your test is scored, you can compare your score to the scores of others.  This type of test is known as an

I answered 2 and 3 can you help me solve 1, 4 and 5
Read 339 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man
The issue I'm having with this question is that I'm unfamiliar with that chapter and the textbook. What textbook are you using? Maybe I could find some resources on that chapter to help me with it

In addition, what did you put for the ones you got? From that I can probably extrapolate information from it
Catracho Author
wrote...
5 years ago
The issue I'm having with this question is that I'm unfamiliar with that chapter and the textbook. What textbook are you using? Maybe I could find some resources on that chapter to help me with it In addition, what did you put for the ones you got? From that I can probably extrapolate information from it
temperament and individualist culture
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
The issue I'm having with this question is that I'm unfamiliar with that chapter and the textbook. What textbook are you using? Maybe I could find some resources on that chapter to help me with it In addition, what did you put for the ones you got? From that I can probably extrapolate information from it

Frowning Face I don't understand the reference. Is that the textbook title? Chapter name? Really would like to help but there's just not enough info
Catracho Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Frowning Face I don't understand the reference. Is that the textbook title? Chapter name? Really would like to help but there's just not enough info
those were the answers of the two question that I answered.  the book "name" which is in an access code is =     Wade, C., Tavris, C., Sommers, S., & Shin, L. (2017). Invitation to Psychology, 7e. 
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
I managed to find your textbook and some resources that mention the following:

A student might prefer the biological approach because there is evidence from studies of temperament and the heritability of adult personality traits to support the approach, and because this perspective can help explain why two individuals growing up in similar environments may be quite unalike, even within the same family.

A student may prefer the psychodynamic approach (Freudian or otherwise) because this perspective deals with some of the more difficult aspects of human life, including unconscious motivations, anxiety and guilt, and self-defeating actions.

A student may prefer the learning approach because it is testable and it can account for the “consistency paradox.”

A student may prefer the humanistic approach because it gives some insight into positive emotions and traits, and provides some guidelines for developing one’s full “potential.”

I'm STILL at a loss here, I can't give you a clear answer. I have uploaded Chapter 12's PowerPoint for you, it may be able to give some more insight that's more understandable to you than it is for me
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  784 People Browsing
 110 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308