d
l
a
s
RioNii RioNii
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
2 years ago

Please help me, I was given a chance to pass and I said that I was wrong in my answers, please help me
Read 169 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, bio_man
Here are my thoughts. I hope I'm correct!

Which of these objects could be moving with a constant velocity?

In order for the motion of an object to have constant speed, the net forces acting on the object must equal to 0. Remember, F = ma, and when the speed is constant, acceleration (a) must be 0 => F = 0.

Fnet on objects A and C is 0, so the object A and C are moving at a constant velocity.

Which of these objects could be moving right? Left?

Arguably, all of these objects could be moving to the right or left since a net force does NOT indicate which way an object is moving. (the law of inertia)

Which of these objects are accelerating?

Furthermore, if there's an unbalanced force, where Fnet is not equal to 0, as in the case of B and D, then there must be some acceleration.

Which of these objects could be at rest?

Situation C, perhaps.
RioNii Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Thank you so much for this sir! But what about if there are no forces and labeling is needed?

EXERCIDE ON FREE BODY DIAGRAMS

DIRECTIONS: LABEL THE DIAGRAMS WITH THE FORCES ACTING ON THE OBJECT USING ARROWS.

Now that I learned how to interpret motion based on your explanation which I am really thankful for, how about if it  is labeling sir?
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Not sure if this is right, but it's worth a shot
 Attached file 
(54.51 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
RioNii Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Thank you so much sir! I hope you had a happy New Year's celebration! Always so grateful!!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  828 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?