t
S
m
s
Unit 300 Unit 300
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
5 years ago
I need information for my progress assignment in AMU intl 410 that is due on Sunday the 16th at  2355.  Any quick help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Topic:  Research and analyze a counter-terrorism or cyberspace operation which primarily utilized defensive counterintelligence support.

Discuss the historical events that let to the mission, identify the agency and the opponent, and identify the defensive principles of deter and detect in the countermeasures.

Some examples of relevant counter-terrorism operations may include: 1983's Marine Barracks in Lebanon, 1993 WTC bombing, 1996 USS Cole, 1998 US Embassies in Africa, Sept 11 2001, 2005 London bombings, etc.

Some examples of relevant cyberspace operations may include: 2001-2005 Chinese cyberespionage (Titan Rain), 2011 Duqu worm(surveillance malware targeted at Iranian nuclear facilites), 2012 Flame (surveillance malware targeted at the Iranian oil industry), 2012-2013 cyberattacks against U.S. banking industry, etc.  
Read 376 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
5 years ago
This document contains information on terrorism, namely:

1983's Marine Barracks in Lebanon, 1993 WTC bombing, 1996 USS Cole, 1998 US Embassies in Africa, Sept 11 2001, 2005 London bombings, etc.

Unfortunately because it's an older document, it doesn't have info on cyber terrorism.

The second document has information on the Duqu worm
 Attached file(s) 
(560.34 KB)
(172.64 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Unit 3. Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Thank you so much.  I am really fighting the clock on this.  These will help alot.

Again, thanks!
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man
2012-2013 cyberattacks against U.S. banking industry, etc.

This one's interesting:

The websites of Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, and other U.S. financial institutions suffered simultaneous outages due to a coordinated denial of service cyberattack in September 2012. Attackers flooded bank servers with junk traffic, preventing users from online banking. An Iranian group called Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters initially claimed responsibility for the incident. At the time, the media reported that U.S. intelligence believed the denial of service was in response to U.S. imposed economic sanctions to counter Iran’s nuclear program. Seven Iranian individuals linked to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps were eventually indicted by the U.S. Department of Justice in 2016 for their involvement in the incident.  The denial of service attacks against U.S. banks is significant for two reasons. First, the size and scale of the attacks led the State Department to seek other countries’ assistance in taking down the compromised computers that were flooding the banks with junk traffic. Second, the attacks would indicate that Iran—if it was in fact using the attacks as retaliation for U.S. financial sanctions—was acting proportionally in its dispute with the United States.
Source  https://www.cfr.org/interactive/cyber-operations/denial-service-attacks-against-us-banks-2012-2013
Unit 3. Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Thanks for the info ... it makes a lot of good points and is in line with what I am working on ...   Slight Smile Slight Smile Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1045 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79