r
d
l
a
victoria1 victoria1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago
I need  help to locate a similar assignment for guidance: thank you.

Instructions
In this Assignment, you will be locating and using evidence to support a specific health-based concern or topic. Using the resources available to you, locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional). You will communicate this health-related topic to others.
Requirements
•   Locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional).
•   Using one (1) of the methods below, develop a communication initiative that best educates your community on this health-related topic:
•   2-page fact sheet on the health-related topic (e.g., disease, condition, addiction).
•   An educational brochure.
•   PowerPoint presentation (10–12 slides).
•   3–5 minute public service announcement (using a free online voice recorder such as vocaroo.com)
•   Letter to your state representative informing him/her of the importance of the identified health-related topic.
•   Your communication initiative should portray a real-life, health-related topic in your community. The use of factual data is required for this Assignment
Read 292 times
8 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file(s) 
(3043.9 KB)
(6770.28 KB)
(19.05 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.

Related Topics

Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
You may also discuss these issues:

1.   Violence within the community - gang related crime continue to be a problem in Sentinel City. According to Sentinel City police aggravated assault remains at the top of the list of violent crimes. Even though there has been an overall decline of violent crimes in the community gang related crime continues at a steady rate. There was also a recent hostage situation at  ABC Daycare involving a gunman holding 30 children and 6 adults (Sentinel City, 2017). A current goal of Healthy People 2020 is to prevent injury and violence in the community and reduce the consequences. Unintentional injury and violence are among the top 15 killer of Americans of all ages, they can also lead to premature death, poor mental health and high medical costs (healthypeople.gov, 2014).

2.   Respiratory Health - Throughout the community there are several indicators of concern for respiratory health and air quality. According to Sentinel City school district upper respiratory health is a major concern for college aged students in the community. Residents of the Affordable Housing Project also express concern regarding the Factory smoke. Sentinel City Healthcare System also provides a possible indicator of impaired respiratory health. The second most frequently seen patient in the emergency room comes in with complaints of a cough. Healthy People 2020 has a goal to promote overall health but improving environmental health. This goal focuses on six areas one being outdoor air quality. With improved outdoor air quality by better regulating the factory pollution the community can achieve better respiratory health.

3.   Access to Healthcare Services & STD prevalence - Both of these health concerns are also goals of Healthy People 2020. One goal of Healthy People 2020 is to prevent STDs and the complications of STDs by promoting healthy sexual behaviors, strengthening community capacity and to increase access to quality services (healthypeople.gov, 2014). A second goal is to improve access to quality health care services in the community. According to Sentinel City school District only 9% of higher education institutes have access to comprehensive student health services, and 24% have limited access that leave 67% with no access to any type of student health care. There is also a number of diagnosed STDs and teen pregnancy in the community. With more accessible community health care we can improve health status and quality of life, as well as prevent diseases including STDs and provide better resources.

victoria1 Author
wrote...
5 years ago
 2-page fact sheet on the health-related topic (e.g., disease, condition, addiction).
•   An educational brochure.
•   PowerPoint presentation (10–12 slides).
•   3–5 minute public service announcement (using a free online voice recorder such as vocaroo.com)
•   Letter to your state representative informing him/her of the importance of the identified health-related topic.
 The disease   I wanted to use will be diabetic
And I also need 2 page of fact sheet
and educational brochure
that can help me a similar assignment
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Here's a sample of Type 2 Diabetes
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
victoria1 Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Thank you for the ppt. I realize this is good information and i can use this topic . However I need 2 pages of fact sheet and a brochure related to the ppt so that I can create my own.
Thank you for all your help
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Are we sticking with diabetes?
victoria1 Author
wrote...
5 years ago
lead poisoning.  Thank you. I need an example of 2 pages fact sheet and a brochure
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
The first two documents are not fact sheets, but they're sample essays that have plenty of organized information. The bottom two documents are fact sheets.
 Attached file(s) 
(28.14 KB)
(488.45 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1117 People Browsing
 121 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?