t
S
m
s
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
14 Abby was taught by her family to question authority. She was raised in a small power distance culture. Select one:  a. False  b. True

Guessing (A)

Power distance is defined as 'the extent to which the less powerful members of institutions and organisations within a country expect and accept that power is distributed unequally'.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
15 ___ uncertainty avoidance cultures have an extensive list of rules in place to maintain order. ___ uncertainty avoidance cultures believe it is necessary to have some dissent among members. Select one:  a. Low; High  b. High; Low

(A)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
16 Scott runs his company with an iron fist. His word is final, and his employees comply if they wish to remain there. Scott is an example of a ___ manager. Select one:  a. Indulgent  b. Feminine  c. Low power distance  d. High power distance

(D)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
17 In ___ cultures, the needs of the group are more important than the needs of one person. Select one:  a. High power distance  b. Collectivistic  c. Individualistic  d. Indulgent

(B)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
18 In an ___ culture, I am concerned about myself and perhaps my immediate family, but I do not believe I should be responsible for anyone else. Select one:  a. Indulgent  b. High power distance  c. Individualistic  d. Collectivistic

(C)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
19 Cultures that promote a short-term orientation toward life admire persistence, thriftiness, and humility. Select one:  a. True  b. False

Guessing (B)

Cultures that promote a short-term orientation toward changing events have an expectation of quick results following one's actions. Therefore, this defines a long-term thing, not short-term.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
21 Maggie loves to shop. She can always be seen in beautiful new clothes and driving a nice truck. She also takes at least three trips every year. Maggie is an example of someone who demonstrates ___. Select one:  a. Low restraint  b. High restraint  c. Individualism  d. Uncertainty avoidance

Guessing (A)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
20 Bryce would rather spend a day playing board games with his family than buy a bunch of new toys. He is an example of somebody demonstrating ____. Select one:  a. Uncertainty avoidance  b. High restraint  c. Low restraint  d. Individualism

Either (A) or (D), leaning towards (A) though
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
22 Masculine cultures take pride in achievement and ambition. Select one:  a. False  b. True

(B)

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
23 In high context cultures, relationships build slowly and are dependent on trust. Change happens very slowly. Select one:  a. False  b. True

(B) -- the opposite of before
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
24 Art, music, literature, clothing and architecture are examples of subjective culture. Select one:  a. False  b. True

(A) -- Objective culture: Art, music, literature, theatre, dance.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
25 Self-direction, stimulation, hedonism, achievement, power and security are examples of ___. Select one:  a. Classification  b. Speech code  c. Personal identities  d. Universal values

Guessing (D)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1115 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 284