l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
4 years ago
Referring to following video, I would like to know on how healer works on healing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Read 547 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Pain is a sensitive matter to discuss, given that it's very subjective. Everyone feels pain differently, and tolerance varies from person to person. In other words, what may be painful to you may not be painful to me, and vice versa. On top of that, there's a phenomenon called phantom pain; this is when an amputee for example, experiences pain or other sensations in a limb or digit that have been amputated. Hence, our minds have the incredible power to play tricks on us too! What I'd like to see is this man working his healing when the person in pain is unsuspecting that someone is there trying to heal them; I'd think that's more of a blind test to me than what we're seeing in the video.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, oem7110
Baby does not tells lies, please see following video.

Post Merge: 4 years ago

wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Ok, the baby is a good example, but not quite what I described. The parents could have conditioned their child to say he feels better, we don't know, so still not a blind study. Also, a baby's concept of pain isn't well-defined either. My 1-year old is hypersensitive if I take a toy away from him, he'll cry like he's suffering from extreme pain! It's funny Smiling Face with Open Mouth

If and only if this thing were true, given that it's a congenital disorder this baby is suffering from, the positive report his parents gave in video 3 makes no sense to me. The only way it'd be ongoing is if he somehow altered the DNA in every cell of his body, which doesn't fit the definition of an "energy healer".

Therefore, there's still not enough evidence for me to make any inferences as to why these people are experiencing healing.
wrote...
4 years ago
I totally agree with bio man. I think it’s just psychological thing. For example, sometime you feel sick and when the doctor tells you it’s just it’s muscle constraints, you would feel better instantly.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
4 years ago
I don't think that baby gets psychological issues, he must get physical pain, toys can distract baby for a short time, but not for a long time period, so psychological issues should not play a role under this baby's case.

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
I totally agree with bio man. I think it’s just psychological thing. For example, sometime you feel sick and when the doctor tells you it’s just it’s muscle constraints, you would feel better instantly.

I don't think that baby gets psychological issues, he must get physical pain, toys can distract baby for a short time, but not for a long time period, so psychological issues should not play a role under this baby's case. Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Right, that doesn't apply to infants, but I do see it happening a lot to adults. Sometimes speaking to a medical professional instantly heals you, whether it be reassurance that you're going to be fine or knowing that you're a room full of healers, thus you get this instant safety net psychologically. Good point on both ends

So, OEM, what do you believe is happening?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
Referring to following video, it talks about Chi, that cannot be measured using today technology.
Do you find any related reference about Chi in term of biology?

Post Merge: 4 years ago

Referring to following images, Jesus and Buddha get halo, that is light, which cannot be measure with today technology as well, Light is energy as well.  If there is tool to measure that kind of energy within body, then everything would be much clear on explanation.

wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Referring to following images, Jesus and Buddha get halo, that is light, which cannot be measure with today technology as well, Light is energy as well.  If there is tool to measure that kind of energy within body, then everything would be much clear on explanation.

Halos are drawn over people who are perceived to be sacred; it's only an artistic representation. Jesus is drawn with a halo over his head to represent his connection to God (or the light of the Earth). On the other hand, Buddha didn't have a belief in a personal god, so likely his halo represents chi or prana, as discussed in the video -- you'd have to ask the artist why it was added to be exact.

Furthermore, from a scientific perspective, Chi is essentially untestable. We know that the human brain has powerful control of the body though the production of hormones, for example, that could change our behavior. That said, the effect of a healer on an individual, I believe, largely depend on the treated individuals willingness to believe in the treatment, thus unlocking their own body's healing mechanism. It's well understood by healthcare professionals that attitude helps in healing. And, the less pain you feel, the faster you heal. This is why painkillers are given, that is, to heal quicker.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
Human brain is a tool to control the body though the production of hormones, but (memory / conscious) controls the human brain, the next question is what control memory / conscious? On the other hands, can memory / conscious describe in term of physics?

wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
but (memory / conscious) controls the human brain

I don't think that's an accurate statement. Under stressful situations, our body releases cortisol (hormone produced from the adrenal glands located on the kidneys). Cortisol can help control blood sugar levels, regulate metabolism, help reduce inflammation, and assist with memory formulation. The higher the stress situation, the more cortisol released, and increased cortisol is known to impede memory formation.

Next, memory and conscious can be explained scientifically. Memories are stored in the brain, hence why people with alzheimer's or dementia lose precious memories. It's also the reason why the disuse of brain functions causes the loss of memory too.
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
There is currently no conclusive scientific evidence that energy healing works.

People who are not satisfied with their current medical treatment or either because there is no cure or sufficient palliation for their disease/condition, or they may have been misdiagnosed, or their emotional needs have not been adequately addressed or want to feel in control of their health  believe in energy healing. There’s no known mechanism whereby an unmeasurable energy could be manipulated to improve one’s health. Such ideas hearken back to a point in history when we didn’t understand the pathophysiology of disease. Hundreds of years ago we had no idea about bacteria and viruses. We did the best guess work we could – and chalked up diseases to mysterious energy imbalances. But thanks to scientific inquiry, we now know a lot more about the true causes of disease.

What it means that our thoughts and actions can have an impact on our moods, our body and on other people. Therefore in choosing any form of energy work where through intention, asking, touch, through love and intuitive awareness one makes you feel good.

Its all about comfort. Kids feel comfortable and happy when someone talk to them positively and make them feel happy.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  903 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741