l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, oemBiology
During Summer, sweating a lot, I would like to know on what cause tinea versicolor and how to treat it. Can it be treated by Tree Oil?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 460 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Tinea versicolor is a fungal disease, so it's caused by a fungus. The best way to prevent it is by practicing good skin hygiene. The yeast that causes this infection occurs naturally on your skin. Bathing and drying of your skin lower the likelihood of infection.

I suppose you could use a natural substitute to help clear the problem, but you could also get a medicated version from your doctor too.  According to one source I read:

I suggest trying tea tree oil extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. This works as well as or better than pharmaceutical antifungal products. Apply a light coating to the affected area two or three times a day, and continue to apply it for two weeks after signs of the infection have disappeared to make sure the fungus is eradicated. Be sure to select brands that are 100 percent tea tree oil. In addition, consider scrubbing the affected areas with Selsun Blue shampoo and an exfoliating pad such as a “Buf-Puf,” which can provide an antifungal effect. Adding some raw garlic to your diet might also help, because of garlic’s potent antifungal activity.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  876 People Browsing
 116 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?