t
i
r
r
SHANQUALLA SHANQUALLA
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
The patient is well known by me. She is a 34-year-old female who presents with several days of malaise, generalized abdominal pain, and nausea. She states that for about three days now she has had an achy feeling associated with a headache and some chills. She has had transient intermittent abdominal pain as well in multiple areas, no one area. She has had some loose bowel movements. She was nauseated somewhat and vomited once.

Objective:

On examination she is noted to have normal vital signs with the exception of a low-grade fever of 100.6. She is noted to have clear lung fields bilaterally. Examination of the abdomen reveals hyperactive bowel sounds but no tenderness and there is no organomegaly. There is no costovertebral angle tenderness. HEENT: The throat is nonerythematous. Mouth shows normal mucosa with adequate saliva. The neck is supple. Extremities are unremarkable.

Assessment:

Viral gastroenteritis.

Plan:

Fluid, clear liquid diet with increased amounts of clear liquids frequently. Tylenol or aspirin as needed for malaise or fever. Darvocet-N 100 small prescription of 10 is written to take as needed for abdominal pain. Recheck if not improving after the next three or so days.

Read 233 times
1 Reply