t
S
m
s
Tree__x Tree__x
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
4 years ago
Need help writing a rationale for a biology research task. My research question is: Are formula fed babies in Australia more susceptible to developing diarrhoea between 0-5 months?
Read 967 times
31 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Cool question. I'm from North America, and I think what you refer to as "biology rationale" (we don't use that phrase here), we refer to as hypothesis? I'm assuming that's what you mean. If not, please interject.

Anyway, the hypothesis is usually an if ... then statement.

If babies are formula fed, then they are more susceptible to developing cases of diarrhoea.

Let us know what you think
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
bio_man thank you for your answer, but here in Australia a rationale is not the same as a hypothesis. If it helps a rationale is like the background and how you got to the research question from the claim. As well as explaining key terms. Sorry I probably didn't make my question clear. I just need help writing it.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, bio_man
Is it the same as an introduction then?

A long time ago I uploaded/created a manual on this stuff: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=58.msg132#msg132

It's the most detailed one you'll find. Read the part on introduction. It's on page 3 of the document. I've uploaded a screenshot in case you can't download it for whatever reason.

Once you're done, write it here and I can proofread it for you
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Thanks for the attachment.  Will send it soon

Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Hi bio_man. Here is my rationale. Not sure how good it is, any feedback would be appreciated.
 Attached file 
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
A little edit
 Attached file 
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Thank you, the feedback is much appreciated
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
The excerpt isn't bad, it needs to be a little more flowy, but you've got the right idea.

Anyway else, let us know
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Thanks submitted it to my teacher today. What would you suggest so it flowed more and was less broken.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Just think it could have been optimized a little more, some refinement in word choice and less wordy. Just finished re-reading my edit -- it's not excellent, but good, like 8/10
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Do you have any suggestions about what words to change/cut out so I can got through it and make the changes
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
I'd take another look @ it tomorrow. Off to bed for now 😴
Tree__x Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Thank you
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  960 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion