S
m
s
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano

https://digital-photography-school.com/colour-contrast-making-the-most-of-orange-and-blue/

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=Jhc0XdnXHMH-9QOks6uwAg&q=contrasting+colors&oq=contrasting+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.0l5.2168.7127..7972...0.0..0.238.2239.1j7j4......0....1.......0..0i10i24.s69BFMT4Ooc

Can New Contrasting colours applied to Piano Keys design look & feel nice?

Will the Piano end user may get difficulty in adjusting to the new Piano Keys contrasting colours instead of Black & White?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Post Merge: 4 years ago

Thanks.

As a example,

There are 88 keys on the Piano Keyboard.
52 White & 36 Black keys.

Instead have 52 Blue & 36 Orange Keys on the
Piano musical instrument.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 789 times
17 Replies
Prashant S Akerkar
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, bio_man
In theory, piano keys could take on any two contrasting colors, and you could certainly paint them any way you want. Historically though, pianos were built with two main materials; ivory and ebony. Ivory comes from the tusk of elephants, so naturally, that’s the color. The ebony is the black keys. If you do some searching around though you can find some awesome pianos where the key colors are actually reversed. So basically the white keys would be black keys and the black keys would be white keys.

For pianist, the less they have to worry about the keyboard the better. Visually it’s much easier to see the keys when they are colored this way (or perhaps in contrasting colors?). I suppose if you have the money, you could customize your keyboard to have any color scheme that suits your personality. White and black is more so customary than it has to do with function.
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago

Thanks.

https://digital-photography-school.com/colour-contrast-making-the-most-of-orange-and-blue/

Which contrasting colours would suit the piano keyboard keys according to you apart from Black & White?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Personally, I don't think any of these contrasting colors would suit a grand piano -- they would make the piano look silly.

From the link you sent me, it shows a picture of complementary colors. Is that the same as "contrasting colors"? If so, complementary colors are simply pairs of colors which, when combined or mixed, cancel each other out (lose hue) by producing a grayscale color like white or black. The white and black keys accomplish the same, so maybe that's the optimal complementary colors to choose. All the rest are ugly, just my opinion. Undecided
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
 At first, it is normal that you will have difficulty in playing the colored piano, and it could even become boring. But once you have already familiarized yourself on how the color piano works, then you will have a fun and exciting feeling when you play it.

It may seem unusual, but in actuality, it accelerates the learning process within the person who studies to play the piano. Because of the colored keys, it is easy to remember what specific key generates a distinct note.

Generally, when a person wants to play the piano, he will look for an individual who offers piano lessons and pays for each lesson. But with color piano, there is no need for an instructor. Just simply go online, get the app and start playing. Thus, you will be able to enjoy yourself with the app and enhance your piano-playing skills as well.
Overall, learning to play piano has never been this easy. Using the traditional piano, you will need a lot of time coupled along with a tremendous amount of effort to really master playing the piano.
But with the color piano, you will only need a few minutes a day and there is no need to look for a real piano to learn how to play it.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
I think having a different color for every key is definitely a learning hack that beginners who don't want to pay for an instructor can use; it's kind of like training wheels. However, you should never underestimate the wisdom, advice, and know-how that an instructor can offer your.
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago

Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John

Sir Elton John, piano musical instrument expert will not find any difficulty on adjusting to the new piano keyboard coloured keys?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Experts can play without looking at their keyboard, they have every key mapped out, contingent that it's a standard size. Much the same as a typist writing on a keyboard, that is, as soon as their muscle memory adjusts to the micro changes in key size, they begin to type just as fast. Key color doesn't matter
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar

Thanks.

I agree with you since Sir Elton can play the
musical instrument piano without looking at
the piano keyboard keys as he is a expert.

But I am now taking a different scenario.

Scenario

Sir Elton John has been given different manufactured Piano Keyboards which are having
different contrasting Keyboard keys colours instead of Black & White.

Now Sir Elton has been told to sing the song "Sacrifice" with these new Pianos but the condition would be looking at the Piano Keys.

Will Not Sir Elton get a different User experience - UX since the User interface - UI is changed for the Piano Musical instrument?

What are your views & opinion about this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thanks.

Sacrifice by Sir Elton John - Piano Musical instrument is played in the song ?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Reference : Piano Product Design.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

https://www.google.com/search?q=piano+product+design&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiFoJL-2sjjAhUZBXIKHWEPDIYQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=piano+product+design&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.12...111750.125031..126042...0.0..1.247.6976.0j11j23......0....1.......0..0j0i67j0i5i30j0i8i30j0i24.VqJkREej45o&ei=pMQ1XYW-FJmKyAPhnrCwCA&bih=592&biw=360&prmd=inv

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Reference :

Form Command button design

https://www.google.com/search?q=form+Command+button+design&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi1uZio3MjjAhUFJisKHbMZABoQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=form+Command+button+design&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.12...22762.30804..31817...0.0..1.246.4465.0j3j18......0....1.........0i13j0i8i7i30j30i10j0i67j0j0i8i30j33i10.1G87UdA2B5Q&ei=CMY1XbWVOoXMrAGzs4DQAQ&bih=592&biw=360&prmd=inv

The Piano Keyboard keys are similar to Gui command buttons form controls. We are changing the background colour property of the Piano 88 Keyboard keys. 56 White & 32 Black or vice versa.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thanks.

Apologies for the previous incorrect information.

52 White & 36 Black Or 52 Black & 36 White.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 320 words.