s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
4 years ago
Gut bacteria are obligate anaerobes, which means they die in the presense of oxygen. Thus, altitude has no affect on then as long as they're in the gut, where very little oxygen exists anyway.

I would like to know on whether oxygen levels increase on blood has affected the Gut bacteria or not,

>50% of serotonin (the feel-good neurotransmitter) is manufactured in your gut. AND, gut bacteria can influence mood and emotions (via the production of metabolites), highlighting their connection with the brain.

Furthrmore, I would like to know on how gut bacteria produce metabolites influencing mood.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Read 348 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
I would like to know on whether oxygen levels increase on blood has affected the Gut bacteria or not,

Can you rephrase that? From my understanding, you're asking if we breathe more oxygen, does it affect the bacteria that live in our gut. If that's the question, there's no relationship between breathing more oxygen and increased/decreased levels of bacteria in the gut. Bacteria in the gut originates from our diet alone, and it grows based on our diet. A bad diet and increased use of antibiotics disrupts this balance between our intestinal health and beneficial bacteria in the gut.

Furthrmore, I would like to know on how gut bacteria produce metabolites influencing mood.

Bacteria found in the intestines produces metabolites that aid in food digestion, oxidation and reduction of molecules, and the synthesis of essential amino acids (D-Met, D-Trp, or D-Phe). In addition, many studies have reported that the intestinal metabolites regulate pathogen infection in intestines, preventing bad bacteria from taking over. Some metabolites, such as nisin, and several lantibiotics directly kill pathogens by disrupting bacterial cell structures (a full list is shown in the PDF below).

Among these is Vitamin K2 and B vitamins. These vitamins stimulate proliferation of neutrophils, monocytes, and macrophages (host immune system), and regulate lymphocyte proliferation, natural killer cell activity, and Treg cells (again, enhance the immune system).
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1209 People Browsing
 130 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?