t
S
m
s
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, bio_man
Bell Computers purchases integrated chips at $350 per chip. The holding cost is $33 per unit per year, the ordering cost is $119 per order, and sales are steady
at 400 per month. The company's supplier, Rich Blue Chip Manufacturing, Inc., decides to offer price concessions In order to attract larger orders. The price
structure is shown below.

a) What is the optimal order quantity and the minimum annual cost for Bell Computers to order, purchase, and hold these integrated chips?
units (enter your response as a whole number) _
The optimal order quantity after the change in pricing structure is
The total annual cost for Bell computers to order, purchase, and hold the integrated chips is (round your response to the nearest whole number).
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 1407 times
10 Replies
Replies
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
I have a solution for the exact same problem but different numbers. Again, just change the numbers to those corresponding in your assignment. if you need help with it, reply back and a tutor will do it for you
 Attached file 
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
@duddy ty, but it's best if you post the actual answers next time
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
A) The order quantity of 200 units has the lowest total cost and is the optimal order quantity in this case.

B) Try 1 446 156

This was the first time doing such a question, so I used something online to help me model MY answers. See the images below of what I used to answer.

Please note that I may be wrong, so use with caution. If you have a third attempt, let me know.

Sorry :-( (by the way, THANKS for answering @duddy, it was actually a helpful document)
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Catracho Author
wrote...
4 years ago
A) The order quantity of 200 units has the lowest total cost and is the optimal order quantity in this case. B) Try 1 446 156 This was the first time doing such a question, so I used something online to help me model MY answers. See the images below of what I used to answer. Please note that I may be wrong, so use with caution. If you have a third attempt, let me know. Sorry :-( (by the way, THANKS for answering @duddy, it was actually a helpful document)
it was incorrect, Frowning Face
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
 Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth Do I still have another try?
Catracho Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth Do I still have another try?
yes
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
(165.85 KB)