t
S
m
s
Mathus Mathus
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
 Q1)a ship moving 30km/hr is 6km from a straight beach and is moving parallel to the beach. How fast is the ship approaching a light house on the beach when 10km (straight line distance) from it?

Q2) A rope runs over a bully at A and is attached at B. The rope is being wound in at a rate of 2m/s. How fast is B rising when AB is horizontal?

Q3) a lamp is located on the ground 10m from a building. A person 2m tall walks form the light towards the building at a rate of 2m/sec. Find the rate at which the persons shadow on the wall is shortening when the person is 5m from the building.
Read 133 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Q1)a ship moving 30km/hr is 6km from a straight beach and is moving parallel to the beach. How fast is the ship approaching a light house on the beach when 10km (straight line distance) from it?

Will be back in 2 hours to answer 2 and 3.

The answer to 1 is attached.
Post Merge: 4 years ago

Q3) a lamp is located on the ground 10m from a building. A person 2m tall walks form the light towards the building at a rate of 2m/sec. Find the rate at which the persons shadow on the wall is shortening when the person is 5m from the building.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Any thoughts on #2? I'm a little confused myself. Let me know what you think...
Mathus Author
wrote...
4 years ago
hello in question 2 there is a mistake
Q2) a rope runs over a pulley at A and is attached at B. The rope is being wound in at the rate of 2m/sec. How fast is B rising when AB is horizontal?

i have a diagram but how do i upload it
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
Click "reply" button, then you'll see "attachments ..." , upload there.
Mathus Author
wrote...
4 years ago
this is the diagram
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
I can't seem to get this one no matter what I try. :-( If I think of a way, I'll update this thread.

By the way, what trips me up is the wording "How fast is B rising when AB is horizontal?"
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1002 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 144

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?