r
O
x
d
s
Gideon123 Gideon123
wrote...
4 years ago
How does the development of drawing relate more generally to physical and cognitive development during the preschool years? Do children from all cultures learn to draw, and do they do so in the same way? Cite specific examples from different cultures.
Textbook 
Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective

Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 102 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
4 years ago
Suggested Responses: Students should explain that drawing skills improve along with improvements in both physical and cognitive skills more generally, including the development of fine motor skills (such as ability to grip and maneuver drawing implements) and the ability to plan and to consistently represent concepts. Drawing also relates to specific developments in the brain as well as the ability to coordinate perceptual, motor, and cognitive abilities. Students should explain that drawing is not present in all cultures, but that other art forms - such as storyknifing among Yup'Ik Eskimo children or map-making in Indonesia - help children to develop cognitive and fine motor skills, albeit in different ways. Students may cite different approaches to drawing in China and Reggio Emilia as examples of how drawing develops quite differently in different cultures.
Gideon123 Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Exactly what I needed for my project, TYSM
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  613 People Browsing
 144 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156