l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, oemBiology
With smart device to monitor blood pressure hourly, I would like to know on how to compare blood pressure levels properly.  It is better to compare blood pressure under the same environment in order to find out on whether blood pressure is getting higher or lower, but different emotion would effect blood pressure, so it seems not possible to monitor pressure under the same environment.  Is there any guideline to monitor blood pressure properly? such as comparing

1) Hourly
2) Daily
3) Weekly
4) Monthly
5) ...

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Post Merge: 4 years ago

Case 1 : when I compare blood pressure with last week records, I get higher blood pressure
Case 2 : when I compare blood pressure with last month records, I get lower blood pressure
Case 3 : when I compare blood pressure with last 3 hour records, I get higher blood pressure
Case 4 : when I compare blood pressure with last 4 day records, I get lower blood pressure

With the same records, I would get different results on comparing blood pressure, so is there any guideline to keep check on blood pressure status.
Read 441 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
Of course, emotions do play a role in blood pressure, so do the foods you eat prior to checking, and several other factors. Atmospheric pressure is negligible, it won't alter the reading more than +/- 5 beats per second.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
4 years ago
In order to perform accuracy measurement, the error level is +/- 1 beats per second, The main issue on how to define a reliable reference point for comparing blood pressure.  I get data records for a period of time, with different reference points, I would get different results as shown below.

Case 1 : when I compare blood pressure with last week records, I get higher blood pressure
Case 2 : when I compare blood pressure with last month records, I get lower blood pressure
Case 3 : when I compare blood pressure with last 3 hour records, I get higher blood pressure
Case 4 : when I compare blood pressure with last 4 day records, I get lower blood pressure

Do you have any suggestions on how to select a reasonable and reliable reference points for comparing blood pressure?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, duddy
sorry for responding so late...

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. You're one person, so taking the average won't be an accurate benchmark. To test whether your procedure will ensure accurate results, you'd need to have more than one subject doing the same thing. Because what may work for you may not work for another, hence I suggest taking your blood pressure at regular intervals.

This tells me that your blood pressure is fluctuating - that's normal. You're noticing that there isn't much stability in the numbers. This is not an inaccuracy in your measurements.

I'd suggest the following. Everyday record your blood pressure 3 times at rest, and 3 times after 1-hour post mealtime. Find the 2 averages. Do this for the next 30 days, and plot the numbers in a line graph to see the trend.
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago
With the same records, I would get different results on comparing blood pressure, so is there any guideline to keep check on blood pressure status.

A fully referenced guideline can be found in this link.

https://guidelines.hypertension.ca/diagnosis-assessment/home-measurement/

Hope this helps
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
Hey oemBiology

Can we mark this topic solved?
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Yes, I decide to take the most recently 7 days range for monitoring.

Thanks, to everyone very much for suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Staff Member
4 years ago
👍 thx for the update
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  909 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?