t
i
r
r
melinoma86 melinoma86
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
Haircuts You need to find a new hair stylist and know that there are two terrific salons in your area, Hair by Charles and Curl Up & Dye. You want a really good haircut, but you do not want to pay too much for the cut. A random sample of costs for 10 different stylists was taken at each salon (each salon employs over 100 stylists).

a. Indicate what inference procedure you would use to see if there is a significant difference in the costs for haircuts at each salon. Check the appropriate assumptions and conditions and indicate whether you could or could not proceed. (Do not do the actual test.)
b. A friend tells you that he has heard that Curl Up & Dye is the more expensive salon.
     i. Write hypotheses for your friend's claim.
     ii. The following are computer outputs. Which output is the correct one to use for this test? Explain.

iii. Use the appropriate computer output to make a conclusion about the hypothesis test based on the data. Make sure to state your conclusion in context.
Textbook 
Stats: Modeling the World

Stats: Modeling the World

Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 388 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
austireaustire
wrote...
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 250 words.