Top Posters
Since Sunday
p
11
C
11
9
8
r
8
m
8
7
d
7
e
7
d
7
C
7
l
6
New Topic  
wrote...
Posts: 219
Rep: 4 0
2 weeks ago
A large manufacturer of batteries knows that, historically, 10% of its batteries come off the production line defective, and the remaining 90% of batteries come off the production line in working condition. Conduct a simulation to estimate how many batteries the company needs to pull off the production line in order to be sure of ending up with 10 working batteries.

State your conclusion.
Textbook 

Stats: Modeling the World


Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 41 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wrote...
Posts: 242
2 weeks ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything.
It required 12 batteries in Trial 1, 10 batteries in Trial 2, and 13 batteries in Trial 3 to obtain 10 working batteries. The average of these is 11.3. Our estimate of the number of batteries required is 11.3 batteries.
1

Related Topics

New Topic      
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers.
Learn More
Improve Grades
Help Others
Save Time
Accessible 24/7
  129 People Browsing
 146 Signed Up Today
Your Opinion
Related Images
 853
 661
 1808