I
n
a
C
s
m
wrote...
A week ago
Recently, I move into a apartment with old toilet, and there is air leakage on pipeline, but I don't know on where the smell come from.  I would like to know on any chemical tools to identify the source of smell, such as making those smell become colorful smoke.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 54 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
A week ago
Unfortunately only a trained home inspector can tell you. There are devices that will calculate bacteria count, but not smell. What does it smell like? Are you certain the smell is coming directly from the toilet? Is the toilet made out of porcelain?
The best way to say thank you is with a positive review:

Click here to review us!

Your support goes a long way!
wrote...
A week ago Edited: A week ago, oemBiology
There is some leakage of sewer odor within toilet and drain pipe.  Is there any chemical tools to make those smell in color smoke in order to detect the source of odor?

Yes, toilet and floor tile are used porcelain, and I have used toilet cleaner to remove old dirty stuff, but odor still exists.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
A week ago
Very very professional works !!!

wrote...
Educator
A week ago
There is some leakage of sewer odor within toilet and drain pipe. Is there any chemical tools to make those smell in color smoke in order to detect the source of odor? Yes, toilet and floor tile are used porcelain, and I have used toilet cleaner to remove old dirty stuff, but odor still exists. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

I'm guessing that you're smelling sewage Undecided Could be the main drain pipe is too close to the surface of the ground. Poor engineering?
The best way to say thank you is with a positive review:

Click here to review us!

Your support goes a long way!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers.
Learn More
Improve Grades
Help Others
Save Time
Accessible 24/7
  112 People Browsing
Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 54

Related Images