d
l
a
s
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=O9B9Xc2kHvrXz7sPguWOyAI&q=Two+wheeler+bell&oq=Two+wheeler+bell&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.12...5256.14675..16273...0.0..0.475.2682.0j14j0j1j1......0....1.......0..0j0i30j0i8i30j0i24.QlClxKHL9d0

Is it possible to design & construct electrical bells for two wheeler vehicles viz Bikes, Motorcycles, Bicycles, Scooters etc?
This will be mounted on the two wheeler vehicle besides the brakes or any other convenient position for the end user.

The Electrical bell circuit will be operated and powered by Battery.

Key features of this electrical circuit bell will be that the end user of the two wheeler vehicle can select different sound bells by pushing push button switches.

If those products are already there in the market, let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 265 times
8 Replies
Prashant S Akerkar
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_bicycle

This also includes the Racing bicycle.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
So the idea is to replace the manual bell that you physically activate with an electrical one that's connected to a battery. May I ask, what are the pros and cons to this design?

With a manual bell, it's inexpensive and easy to install. The electrical one will cost more and require major design changes to the bike's frame. As mentioned, it'd be nice to change the ring tone of a bike, but it might confuse passerbyers that end up hearing it as the bike approaches. It may also not be loud enough, unless larger speakers are added. If larger speakers are added, this might affect the rider's hearing too. Imagine standing next to a loudspeaker. Further, if the speak gets wet, it may stop working.

Lots of things to consider
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar
Thank you.

Do the electrical bell with different bells product powered by battery can have a potential market for two wheelers manufacturers?

This includes Bicycles, Racing Bicycles, Bikes, Motorcycles, Scooters etc.

Can this product be applied to four wheeler vehicles viz Cars, Buses, Trucks etc?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
It's a niche market at best, since very few people would be interested. Think about it, if you're riding your bike, you're probably not doing it because it's environmental friendly, but because it saves you money. Not saying that there aren't people who genuinely enjoy riding a bike, but most ride it to work or places because it's cheap - relative to something that's motorized. Something else to weight in on, the battery ads weight, the speaker ads weight, the bell will probably cost 4 times an traditional bell, and it'll be a target for thieves to steal Undecided
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago
Thank you.

Regarding market potential for four wheelers?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Please elaborate a little further
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago

Thanks.

I mean fixing the electrical bells product powered by battery inside the Car, Bus, Truck etc where the driver can use push button  switches for selecting different sound bells.

This different sound bells will be generated by the four wheeler vehicle depending upon the Sound bell selected by the push button.

The position of the Speaker/s will be inside the bonnet ?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Prashant S Akerkar
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free