m
K
b
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 weeks ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit

https://www.google.com/search?q=integrated+circuit+testing+instruments&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjd0bu7oNzkAhUY8HMBHSG8AvgQ_AUoAXoECAsQAQ&cshid=1568874622691&biw=360&bih=592

Can the Integrated circuit testing products test any defective Integrated circuit?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Attached file(s)
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 81 times
5 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 weeks ago
The circuitry within a microprocessor is generally microscopic, so the probes of a multimeter tester will not be fine enough to test individual wires. In addition, as per this topic, integrated circuits contain millions of transistors. In an integrated circuit, these are extremely tiny; however, if a transistor were larger, you could test transistors using these steps:

Step by step instructions:
  • Set the meter to its ohms range - any range should do, but the middle ohms range if several are available is probably best.
  • Connect the cathode terminal of the diode to the terminal marked positive on the multimeter, and the anode to the negative or common terminal.
  • Set the meter to read ohms, and a "lowish" reading should be obtained.
  • Reverse the connections. This time a high resistance reading should be obtained.

I'd say that if the integrated processor fails, it's like due to physical or water damage, and you're better-off replacing it.
The best way to say thank you is with a positive review:

Click here to review us!
wrote...
Valued Member
3 weeks ago
Thanks.

As per attached images, the Integrated circuit testing products, will they identify defective Integrated circuits?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
3 weeks ago
Yes, it should output a code to tell you the issue with the chip. Sorry, I thought you were referring to a multimeter Zipper-mouth Face Do you know the name of the chip that you need diagnosed?

Click here to review us!
wrote...
Valued Member
3 weeks ago
Thanks.

I mean can those products test any Integrated circuit (chip) which is defective or not ?

Or they have their own limitations.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
3 weeks ago Edited: 3 weeks ago, bio_man
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free.
They can, but their conclusions might be general. Have you ever used a car diagnostic tool? They're meant to read error codes coming from the car's CPU - similar to what you're asking. They don't tell you exactly what's causing the problem, but they'll tell you where to look. I'd assume the same case here, unless a diagnostic machine was built specifically for a chipset. Anytime a device isn't working, I'd assume other components are to blame rather than the chip itself. Could be a capacitor on the board, or a resistor, etc. Check those things first before concluding it's the integrated circuit.
This verified answer contains over 110 words.

Click here to review us!