m
s
r
m
s
lbelcher lbelcher
wrote...
A month ago
What legislation exists to ensure that ethical decisions are made in the workplace? What is the role of the HR manager in workplace ethics?
Textbook 

Fundamentals of Human Resource Management

Edition: 5th
Author:
Read 55 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
OmamaOmama
wrote...
A month ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free.
Since 1991, federal sentencing guidelines have prescribed reduced penalties for employers accused of misconduct who implement codes of conduct and ethics training. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 makes ethics training even more important. Laws like Title VII give employees (or prospective employees, and sometimes past employees) numerous rights. For example, under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, employers cannot turn down someone for a job based on his or her color. The Occupational Safety and Health Act gives employees the right to refuse to work under unsafe conditions. HR managers play a role in workplace ethics by selecting ethical employees, ensuring fair selection procedures, providing ethics training, and encouraging ethical conduct through reward and disciplinary systems.
This verified answer contains over 110 words.