i
r
r
germinate_love germinate_love
wrote...
Donated
Rep: 3 0
4 years ago
FYI, mail from biology-forums.com routinely ends up in Gmails spam filters. I always mark it as not spam to try and help improve the spam score but doesn't appear to be getting better.

Wonder how your dns spf and dkim look and/or if your mailer host ip is on a blacklist.

Read 859 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, Biology Forums
Does routinely mean it happens all the time for every email?

Our IP is dedicated to this website only, we're not on a shared server if that makes sense.

“I always mark it as not spam to try and help improve the spam score but doesn't appear to be getting better.”

We appreciate that 👍
B.Sc. (Biology)
wrote...
Donated
4 years ago
Does routinely mean it happens all the time for every email? Our IP is dedicated to this website only, we're not on a shared server if that makes sense. “I always mark it as not spam to try and help improve the spam score but doesn't appear to be getting better.” We appreciate that 👍

Yes, every time and def. makes sense with regard to shared server. Even the notification for your reply hit spam, that's after hitting "Report not spam" many times.

FYI:
Why is this message in spam? Lots of messages from ns557317.ip-54-39-48.net were identified as spam in the past.

Might just be that other members are marking as spam faster than those who aren't (presumably because they aren't routinely checking their spam folder or don't care enough to hit the not spam button). I checked and doesn't appear that the mailing host is on any blacklists.
wrote...
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, Biology Forums
So much has been done in the past to fix server issues. Apart from manually marking them as not spam, there's not much more we can do. In the past we used mailgun to send our emails, but it only made a slight improvement. It's not worth the cost bc people abuse those services too. I've checked hotmail and outlook, they seem to work better. Gmail is being overprotective. This really sucks
B.Sc. (Biology)
wrote...
Donated
4 years ago
It looks like that as of this morning, messages are now hitting the inbox. Slight Smile Mailgun isn't too bad. I've also had good luck with SES myself. But I hear you - there's not much else you can feasibly do.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1310 People Browsing
 118 Signed Up Today
Related Images