r
d
l
a
Geogo Go Geogo Go
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
When you see two alternating colors on a screen with high frequency (60Hz), our eyes see a totally different color! I would like to understand why this phenomenon happens. Is this something related to the brain or the eye itself?

I think it's different from when artists mix colors while painting because mixing colors give the material new physical properties. So, I think it has nothing to do with screens and technical matters. Am I right?
Read 127 times
9 Replies
Replies
Geogo G. Author
wrote...
4 years ago

Just to demonstrate what I'm talking about, I created a video as an experiment. Unfortunately, it works only with quality 720p60 but it works on many devices.

https://youtu.be/MT-ZCVpOHmU
wrote...
4 years ago
That's your channel? Pretty cool 😎
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
When I watched it, all I could see was 1 red ball and 2 blue balls (no pun intended lol). You're saying the colors are different @ a different frequency? Please elaborate, how do I change the frequency to observe the effect?
Geogo G. Author
wrote...
4 years ago
@bio_man Thank you for being concerned about my question. Each ball of them has two colors. Unfortunately, the video didn't work so you couldn't see the two colors. You saw only one color. Actually, the two colors alternate or change at a high frequency (60 Hz).  When I play the video, I see a color that is kinda like a mixture of the two colors. For the red ball you saw, it also has a green color. The green and red alternate very fast I see them as dark yellow when I play the video. That's what I'm asking about. Why do I see a different color?
Geogo G. Author
wrote...
4 years ago
@jacksonfive09 Yes, its mine. Thank you Slight Smile
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 410 words.
Source  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model