s
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
4 years ago
Hi can you explain to me how to do each of the steps in excel
YO16_XL_CH03_GRADER_PS2_AS - Car Rental 1.3

Project Description:
Jason Easton is a member of the support/decision team for the San Diego branch of Express Car Rental. He created a worksheet to keep track of weekly rentals in an attempt to identify trends in choices of rental vehicles, length of rental, and payment method. This spreadsheet is designed only for Jason and his supervisor to try and find weekly trends and possibly use this information when marketing and forecasting the type of cars needed on site. The data for the dates of rental, daily rates, payment method, and gas option have already been entered.

Steps to Perform:
Step   Instructions   Points Possible
1   Start Excel. Open the file named e02ch03_grader_as_CarRental.x lsx. Save the file with the name e02ch03_grader_as_CarRental_L astFirst, replacing LastFirst with your last and first name.   0
2   On the RentalData worksheet, in cell E6, enter a date formula to determine the length of rental in days. Copy this formula to the range E7:E32.
3   Assigned a named range of RentalRates to cells A37:B40.
4   In cell G6, use the appropriate lookup and reference function to retrieve the rental rate from the named range RentalRates. The function should look for an exact matching value from column A in the data. Copy the function down the column to cell G32.
5   Assign a named range of Discount to cell B42 and a named range of GasCost to cell B44.
6   In cell H6, enter a formula to determine any discount that should be applied. If the payment method was Express Miles or Rewards, the customer should receive the discount shown in B42. If no discount should be applied, the formula should return a zero. Use the named range for cell B42, not the cell address, in this formula. Copy the formula to the range H7:H32.
7   In cell J6, enter a formula to determine the cost of gas if the customer chose that option as indicated in column I. If the customer did not choose the option, then the formula should return zero. Use the named range for cell B44 in this formula. Copy the formula to the range J7:J32.
8   In cell K6, enter a formula to determine the total cost of the rental based on the daily rate, the number of days rented, the cost of gas, and any discount given to the customer. Note that the discount applies only to the car rental, not the cost of gas. Copy the formula to the range K7:K32.    10
9   In cell B46, use the appropriate function to calculate the median length of rental in days.
10   In cell B47, use the appropriate function to count the number of rentals in the data, using the data in column A.
11   On the ClientData worksheet, use Flash Fill to separate the client names in column A to the FirstName and LastName columns respectively. Mac users will need to use the Text to Columns feature. Select the range A2:A26. On the Data tab, click Text to Columns. Select Space as the Delimiter and =$B$2 as the Destination.

Adjust column width of columns B and C if necessary.
12   Insert the File Name in the left footer section of all worksheets in the workbook.
13   Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel. Submit the workbook as directed.   0
Total Points   100

See the word document instructions look more clear there
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 2840 times
52 Replies