t
i
r
r
ewashington1288 ewashington1288
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
 You also learned about some school practices that have led to delinquency, namely: (i) tracking, (ii) poor instruction; (iii) irrelevant instruction; and (iv) method evaluation For this assignment, please explain which school practice listed below, in your opinion, is the leading factor of juvenile delinquency.
Source  Crime Prevention 9th Edition
Read 64 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Here's my response:

The emphasis on testing is the strongest factor that leads to juvenile delinquency. Teachers often limit evaluation to tests and quizzes, and to a lesser extent, presentations and research projects. Students that don’t perform well on tests never get an opportunity to use their other talents in a subject they’re less confident in, such as mathematic. As a result, most teachers will teach to the test and rely on rote learning exercises for student instruction. Once a student performs poorly on the test, they may be held back, which often results in resentment towards the topic. In some states, students are not allowed to take part in extracurricular activities if a certain grade isn’t maintained. Sports and social clubs at school can make school a fun, enjoyable experience. In turn, this may cause humiliation in front of other students, and may not be expected to achieve.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  926 People Browsing
Related Images