t
i
r
r
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gada_(mace)

Do you feel Gada fighting can be considered a good contender in future Olympic games?

Notes
------

1 Rules to be formed for the same similar to Boxing, Wrestling, Fencing for earning points between the two contenders.

2 The Mace can be made of wood not necessarily of metal so that the contenders are not hurt physically.

3 Heavyweight, Middleweight, Lightweight categories can be formed similar to Boxing sport.

Your views, opinion regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 531 times
6 Replies
Prashant S Akerkar
Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Check this out >

My first impression is that this would be fun to watch; it's a very interesting idea to combine martial arts and jousting. Looks like there's already a World Federation assembled, but by the looks of it, it's mainly popular in India. Given that it's unknown throughout the world, I don't see this becoming a world-wide olympic sport.
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago
Thank you.

Can you suggest some ways to make this popular to be a future Olympics game?

Should i write to International Olympic committee - President & other members regarding the same?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
Can you suggest some ways to make this popular to be a future Olympics game? Should i write to International Olympic committee - President & other members regarding the same?

The issue is that it's not popular globally. I barely could find it on YouTube. Imagine if you were on the committee deciding what sports to include, how could you justify a global event if it's only prevalent in India?
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar

Thank you.

As a example, Football & Cricket (England) games invented, started in Europe, but then Cricket become a very popular game in some asian countries viz India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.
In India, "Cricket" is a passion.

Similarly say "Gada (mace) Fighting" can become popular worldwide if awareness is spread about the sport though primarily a Indian originated sport from Hindu religion mythologies.

Note :

1 Wrestling, Boxing & Fencing (Sword fighting) are recognised in the Olympics games which are similar variations to Mace Fighting.

2 Skills required in Mace fighting would be using the Mace skillfully, Might & Tactfully to earn the points by beating the opponent.
There could be two-three rounds.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago
Thanks.

President Thomas Bach - International Olympic Committee video.

https://youtu.be/w3muleKEAuc

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 180 words.