t
S
m
s
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, prashantakerkar
https://www.google.com/search?q=sound+of+animals&client=ms-android-lava&prmd=inv&sxsrf=ALeKk02xrn0-yn-FZSkidTogB4l4B_TH6A:1600539091086&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjVhuTf6PXrAhWR4HMBHWS-AYQQ_AUoAXoECA8QAQ&biw=360&bih=592

Is it possible using AI , speech recognition & Machine learning technologies to interpret Sound of Animals?

Input Dataset will be Sound files viz .wav format of animals.

Output will be recognising the sound and naming the animal.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 250 times
6 Replies
Prashant S Akerkar
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
It is possible for computers to interpret sound wave. "Shazam" is one such program that analyzes the captured sound and seeks a match based on an acoustic fingerprint in a database of more than 11 million songs.

On a side note, your question has nothing to do with "machine learning technologies". We've had discussions already why you should stop using this idea when asking questions pertaining to computers. I think this will be my last response to any question if I see that phrase used incorrectly, because you're not using this forum in a give and take nature. That's not the purpose of a forum.
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, prashantakerkar
Thank you.

So Is it possible using computer software for interpretation of Sound waves of animals viz Cat, Dog, Tiger, Mouse, Cow etc as input dataset & then outputting the animal name?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Absolutely.

The computer would need to have in store a series of example sounds for each animal, then the audio coming in would be analyzed and compared to those found in the database using a spectogram.
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago
Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrogram

Do you feel there could be challenges in interpreting & analysing animals sound waves using Spectrogram?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free